Chapter 4 - Skype

It was early 2014. I was around eighteen weeks pregnant when Ashton had left for tour. Kaely and I both said goodbye to him at the airport before he left. We both didn't know he'd be gone for how long he was...

Not even a day after he left, I got a call from a hospital in London. They had asked, "Mrs. Irwin?"

"That's me," I told him.

"I'm sorry to inform you that your husband, Ashton Irwin, was in a plane crash just a few hours ago, and.. he didn't make it. I'm so sorry." I heard and dropped the phone, then just stood where I was.

"Mrs. Irwin?" I heard from the phone that was now on the ground. I clenched my stomach, crying. I felt an arm around me.. It was Ashton.

I woke up crying, just like what had happened on the plane. I felt Ashton's arm had been around my waist, and that's what I had felt in my dream. I smiled. His arm wasn't there when I had fallen asleep.

I turned towards Ashton and his eyes fluttered open. He smiled. I kissed him, then pulled away before crying.

"Chloe, what's the matter?" He asked me, placing his hand on my cheek.

"I had another nightmare," I told him and sat my forehead on his, "they're the worst. They're so realistic."

"I've told you already. Don't worry about those. They aren't real, and that isn't going to happen for a long, long time."

"This time, you had left for tour, and I- I was pregnant. In this one, it was a plane crash, and that last one was a car crash."

"I'm right here, Chlo, and I'm not leaving," he kissed my forehead, "but you said you were pregnant in the dream?"

I nodded, and he responded, "maybe that's a sign.."

"Maybe," I smiled.

"Go back to sleep, and tell me if you have another nightmare because I'm right here, right next to you," he brought me close to him, and I nodded, soon falling back to sleep.

------

After waking up the next morning, I could smell something. Pancakes? I didn't see Ashton next to me.. He must've gotten up and made us breakfast. I got out of bed and walked downstairs. I was right. Ashton was at the counter, making pancakes.

"Morning, babe.." He kissed my forehead after I walked over to him. I put my arms around his waist.

"You're making us breakfast?" I asked, smiling.

"Yeah. I knew I needed to make my beautiful wife breakfast sometime during our honeymoon," he told me, and I blushed. I grabbed his cheeks and kissed him. After being pushed against the counter, I tugged on his shirt and pulled it over his head. My fingers ran down his torso.

"Maybe I should make you breakfast more often," He smirked.

"Maybe," I giggled before undoing his belt.

Ashton's computer began going off, indicating that he had a Skype call. I walked over to it, and it was Devin trying to call. I answered the call, just in case he needed something about Kaely. Turns out, it was Kaely.

"Hi mummy!" She exclaimed.

"Hi baby," I smiled back at her. Ashton did his belt up again and walked over, but didn't care about his shirt.

"Hi Kaely," he greeted, "are you having fun at Uncle Devi's?"

"Yeah," she giggled, and Devin came into the background before hooking his arm around Kaely and picking her up.

"Hello, Irwins," Devin smiled, sitting down and putting Kaely on his lap.

"Hey Devin. Where's Alexia?" I wondered.

"She's in the room right now."

"Okay. Well, tell her I said hi."

"I will. Also, Dan wants to keep Kaely for a little while.. Is that okay?"

"Y-yeah," I hesitated just for a second, but Dan really is a good uncle.

"Maybe just for an afternoon?"

"Yeah, that will work," I agreed.

"Okay. I'll see you two later," he waved, and told Kaely to wave.

"Bye mommy! Bye daddy!" She exclaimed before Devin looked at us and smirked, "now you two go have some fun.."