Deleted Scene #2

October 4, 2030

*Chloe's POV*

I had Bronx in art in tenth period, the last period of the day. He hadn't been doing very well in art lately, and I was getting mad.

Most of the period, I'd watch him goof around with his friends, and he wouldn't get his work done. Every single one of his projects - all of which were supposed to be done in class - got turned in late. I was starting to get really mad. His grade was now failing.

"Everyone!" I exclaimed to my eighth grade class, "your projects are due at the end of class on Monday, so I suggest you work hard on them now and not spend the time talking to your friends. Those of you know who you are," I looked around the room before looking right at Bronx. He sighed and looked down at his paper. I sat back down at my desk.

Bronx had worked for a little while before he had decided to talk to his friends again. I was really mad with him now. I would have to talk to him at home and talk to Ashton about it.

When the bell rang, everyone got up, including Bronx, and they began to pile out of the class.

"Bronx Levi Irwin!" I exclaimed, wanting to talk to Bronx, but not knowing how to get his attention.

"Ooooooohh!" His classmates echoed as they walked out of the room.

"What, mum?" He asked, walking towards me.

"I don't like the way you've been acting in here. You're taking your project home over the weekend and working on it."

"No, I'm not! I have plans over the weekend! I'm going to Flynn's house, remember?"

"I remember. You've not going to anyone's house until you finish your project. It's simple, and you should've gotten it done today in class, but you were too busy with your friends."

"Fine," he sighed and walked out of the room.

------

I drove everyone home: Bronx, Harper, Adelaide, and Miami. When we got home, Miami and Adelaide ran off, and Harper went back to the warehouse after changing into her leotard.

Bronx went up to his room with his project and the supplies I had brought home for him. I went into the living room, seeing Ashton sitting in there. I sat beside him in the couch.

"Ashton.. I need to talk to you about something," I sighed.

"You're not pregnant again, are you?"

"No, no no.." I laughed, "I'm just worried about Bronx. He's been doing really bad in art lately. He's been slacking in his work and turning everything in late. He's failing in art right now, and if that doesn't change, he's going to have to take art again next year, which I don't think he'll like. I tried talking to him about it earlier, but he didn't seem to care that he was failing art."

"How is he failing art?"

"He's just turning things in late and losing points because he doesn't do things right. I made him bring home the project he should've gotten done in class today. Hopefully, he's working on that now."

"No, he's coming down here," Ashton told me, then walked towards the stairs and yelled, "BRONX LEVI IRWIN, GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!"

I heard him walking towards the stairs from his room, and after he got to the stairs, he slowly walked down.

"What do you want, dad?" He sighed.

"You're failing art, and if you continue to fail art by the end of next week, you're grounded until the beginning of December. And yes, I know part of that is summertime. There's no reason to be failing art, especially when your mum is giving easy projects that you can finish within one class period."

"That's not fair! I can't bring my grade up very much in one week!"

"Yes, you can. Do extra credit work. Actually work on your projects. Don't talk to your friends during art. It's that simple."

"I'll give you extra credit work to do. You just really need to get your grade up in art or you'll have to take art next year, and I know how much you don't want to do that."

"Okay, I'll get my grade up. Mum, in school on Monday, I'll take some extra credit work."

"Good," I smiled. Bronx walked up to his room. Ashton and I both sat back down on the couch.

"Thanks Ashton," I pecked his lips.

"You're welcome, babe. He's my kid too."

"Oh, he's definitely your kid," I laughed, and so did he.