Chapter 6 - House

You'll understand the picture by the end of the chapter:):)

~

December 12, 2013

"Mummy," Kaely walked into the bathroom as I quickly picked up what was lying on the counter.

"What was that, mummy?" She asked.

"That wasn't anything, Kaely. Mummy's fine," I told her.

"Mummy, are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes, that was just a pregnancy test," I held it in my hand.

"What's that?" She came closer to me.

"It tells you if mummy is going to have a baby or not," I explained.

"Is mummy gonna have a baby?" A smile grew on her face.

"Yes, Kaely, mummy is having a baby. Just don't tell da-" I began, but she ran out of the bathroom and started yelling for Ashton.

"Daddy! Daddy!" She yelled, running down the steps. I ran down after her.

Ashton came over to her and asked her what she wanted. She smiled and began to say, "mummy's going to have a ba-"

I put my hand over her mouth once I caught up to her. Ashton looked up at me and smirked before looking back down at Kaely.

"What did you say?"

"Murmmy s gurin tu hev a burbi," she tried to speak through my hand. Ashton looked back up.

"Are you?" He asked. He must've been able to understand her.

"I am," I smiled, showing him the test.

"How far along are you?" He asked.

"I don't know. We could go to the doctors to see."

"Yeah," he smiled.

"How about we call my parents and ask them to keep Kaely for just a little bit?" I suggested. Ashton nodded.

------

"If you would want to know the gender now, I could take some blood and we could soon find out from that," the nurse told us, and we looked at each other. We both nodded.

After she took blood, she left and told us it would be a little while. After waiting about thirty minutes, we were getting tired of sitting in there.

"So.. You're about seven weeks," he looked at me and grabbed my hand.

"Yeah," I just couldn't believe it. Ashton was really happy, and so was I.

"I think this is the right time to tell you that I've been looking for places for us, since we're starting a family," he wouldn't stop smiling, no matter what. I loved how happy he was.

"Really?" I thought of how cute that was, and how he was smiling so much.

"I've actually found a place that I think you'd really like. Kaely will like it too. And I'll bet you baby Irwin will," he told me, getting really happy when he said baby Irwin.

"And when were you going to tell me about this?" I asked, jokingly.

"Sometime soon," he answered, "but we could drive past it so I can show you where it is and what it looks like."

"When?"

"After we leave here and before we go to your parents' to pick Kaely up," he shrugged.

"Okay," I agreed.