Chapter 13 - Home

June 14, 2014

Ashton was getting home tomorrow, and I was so excited. I couldn't wait to see him again after close to two months. I can't believe it's been almost that long since he left. I missed him so damn much.

"Kaely, you've got to get to sleep. We've got church tomorrow morning," I told her, trying to get her to go to sleep. She was so hyper right now.

"No!" She exclaimed, still running around.

"Baby, come on!" I yelled. She shook her head, still running after Dax. I rolled my eyes at them both.

"Daddy is coming home tomorrow!" I said, which stopped her in her tracks. She turned to me and asked, "will he be here when I wake up tomorrow morning?"

"I don't know. Maybe. I know that he's coming home sometime tomorrow, though. You'll see him tomorrow. But you won't be happy when you see daddy if you don't get to bed soon. You'll be grumpy, and daddy won't like that," I told her.

"Okay," she ran up the stairs in the living room up to her room. I walked upstairs behind her and went into her room with her. I tucked her in and read to her just a little bit to calm her down, but she fell asleep fast.

I went back downstairs and walked into the kitchen. I looked throughout the cupboards for something to eat as a late night snack. It was only nine thirty, but I still considered it later at night. I had settled on ice cream as a snack, and I sat my phone on its speaker before turning the volume down. I put on one of the boys' songs on: Beside You. I had listened to that one the most when they were away on tour. I loved it so much.

I was taking scoops of ice cream and putting it in a bowl when I heard Dax begin to bark. I yelled for him to stop, and he did. He started up a minute later, but I yelled at him, and he once again stopped.

"She sleeps alone. My heart wants to come home. I wish I was, I wish I was.. beside you," the song played. I put the ice cream scoop in the sink. After getting out a topping or two, I heard the chorus again, but this time there was an addition.

Two arms snaked around my waist as I heard someone singing the chorus into my ear, "she lies awake. I'm trying to find the words to say. I wish I was, I wish I was.. beside you.."

I smiled as I put sprinkles on my ice cream, "that was beautiful, Ashton. Sing more for me."

I then realized what I was saying. I jumped as I turned around, almost spilling the sprinkles.

"Ashton," I bit my lip before hugging him. I kissed him and he whispered, "I love you.." to me.

"I love you too," I told him, and he smiled.

"Where's Kaely? She'll want to see daddy," he asked.

"She just went into bed about ten minutes ago. I don't want to wake her up right now, or she won't want to go back to sleep," I explained, "but I know there's someone else who wants to see daddy.."

"Really?" He smirked and kissed me.

"Oh yes," I nodded, "definitely. I want to see all of him.."

"Okay," Ashton agreed and ripped his shirt off of himself.

------

The next morning, Kaely had woken up and walked into our bedroom. She didn't know Ashton was home yet, so she was really excited when she saw him there with me. She jumped onto our bed to wake Ashton up. He woke up and said hello to her. He showered her with kisses. I loved this boy so much. I couldn't wait until we had kids together. Kaely is spoiled so much by Ashton.

"Kaely, baby, come on. We have to get you ready for church," I told her, grabbing her off of Ashton.

"No.." She pouted.

"No, Kaely, mummy is right. You have to get ready for church. Daddy will too, okay?" Ashton looked at Kaely, and she nodded.

"How do you do it?" I asked Ashton after Kaely ran out of the room.

"I don't know," he shrugged, "maybe she just loves me more. Who knows?" I looked at him, and he laughed, "I'm kidding.."

"I know," I laughed, "it just seems like lately she hasn't been listening, but since you came home, she's been listening to you."

"Maybe she had just missed me and is doing this because she doesn't want me to leave again," Ashton wondered. I nodded.

"Maybe.. I don't know," I shrugged.

"You better go get her ready. Then you can come get me ready," he smirked.

"No, you get ready yourself," I told him, "I'll go help Kaely."

"Okay.." Ashton pouted, and I just shook my head, walking out to help Kaely in her room.

------

When we got back from church, Ashton and I were talking about having a baby, again. I was just scared I was going to miscarry again. Losing London was terrible. I don't want to have to go through that again.

"Chloe.." Ashton grabbed my hand and asked, "remember what Mrs. Smith used to always tell you?"

I nodded, "it's all in God's plan.."

"Yeah," he smiled, "don't forget that."

"I won't.. So are we going to try for a baby?"

"Now, with Kaely here? No. Later? Yes," he smirked.