Chapter 12 - Adam

Later that afternoon, we had Skyped Ashton, telling him how well Kaely did. I had clicked on his name, and his face almost immediately popped up. I smiled at him.

"Hey Ashton," I smiled.

"Hey babe! How did Kaely do today?" He asked right away.

"Well.. Her certificate says that she got 9.945 on the floor, 9.965 on the bar, 9.875 on the vault, and 9.930 on the beam," I told him.

"And that's good?" He wondered.

"Good? That's great!" I exclaimed.

"Oh! Where is the little gymnast?" He asked, and I called for Kaely. She ran over to me from upstairs with her trophy to show Ashton.

"She got first place in the four-to-six year old category," I told him, smiling. Kaely was so proud of her trophy. She shoved it in front of the camera so Ashton could see.

Ashton laughed, but congratulated her, "good job, Kaely. I knew you'd do just great! Did you have fun?"

"Yes. A lot," she smiled and nodded.

"Well that's what matters."

"Yeah," Kaely agreed.

"So when are you coming home?" I asked him, pouting.

"A month and a half.. June 15. I'm sorry," he apologized. I shrugged, but on the inside, I couldn't handle it. I was glad he was chasing his dreams, but he was away for months at a time.

"I love you, Chloe Elizabeth Irwin," Ashton smiled.

"I love you too, Ashton Fletcher," I laughed.

"I just don't understand how we can actually try to have a baby together when you aren't home for months at a time," I looked down at the keys of the computer.

"I'm so sorry, baby. We'll try though. I can't wait until June 15th when I'm there with you and my arms are wrapped around your waist."

"I can't wait either," I pouted, "I miss you so much."

"I miss you too, baby, but I'll call you later because I have a meeting to go to with Adam. I love you and miss you.. I'll talk to you later. Bye," he blew a kiss to me through the screen, and I did the same before telling him I loved him. He ended the call, and I just sat in the living room with Kaely, watching one of her shows.

My phone began to ring about ten minutes later. I looked at it, and it said it was Ashton calling me. That must've been a fast meeting. What else did he have to talk about? Was there something that happened in the meeting? I answered it and walked upstairs so I could hear better.

"Hello?" I asked. I didn't get an answer. That was odd. I heard mumbling at first. He must've butt-dialed me, and I was about to hang up, but I heard, "No, Adam!"

"Why not, Ashton?" I heard Adam's voice.

"Adam, I have a wife. You know that, right!? You were at the wedding!" Ashton yelled back at Adam. What could they be talking about?

"Ashton, it's just for the media. You don't have to love her or be with her when you aren't in public. You just have to pretend like you're dating her. Like you're in love with her," Adam told her. Oh my god..

"No! I am not fake-dating anyone!"

"Why? The other boys won't do it!"

"Well, maybe they don't want to, but I can not do it!"

"You doing it would be the most interesting, especially because of your wife!"

"Her name is Chloe, by the way. And I'm not doing it, no matter what you say," Ashton defended himself.

"Ashton.. I will drop the band."

"No you won't. We have a contract."

"Whatever. But you guys need more attention, and this will get it."

"If this is what it takes to get attention, I don't want any. I love Chloe, and I'm not going to fake-date anyone. That is final."

"Well.." Adam must've tried to think of something else, "will you pretend that you aren't doing good with Chloe? Will you fake a divorce?"

"NO!" Ashton screamed, "fuck off, Adam. Just fuck off. I love Chloe and no one else. That's final. I am not going to pretend I'm dating someone. I'm not going to fake a divorce. No way. Goodbye, Adam," Ashton finished, and I could hear him shove in his chair and slam a door.

"Ashton!!" I yelled, trying to get him to hear me through his phone. I heard him go, "what the hell?"

"Hello?" He said into his phone. I smiled. I could believe that he had just defended us. I loved him so much.

"Ashton.." I breathed. Ashton must've been shocked, because he didn't say anything for a minute or two.

"How much did you hear?"

"Most of it," I told him, "I love you.."

"I love you too. I would never do that. I don't know why Adam won't fuck off sometimes."

"I understand," I nodded, even though he couldn't see me.

"Did I butt-dial you? Is that how you heard? Or did you call me and I accidentally hit accept without knowing?"

"You must've butt-dialed me. I don't mind, though," I laughed.

"I love you.. I'll talk to you sometime soon, okay?" I could tell he was smiling.

"I love you too. Talk to you soon.." I smiled, "bye."