Chapter 21 - Piper Visits

I forgot to tell you guys that this is how I picture Piper-^

~

February 15, 2016

Today was the day we found out the gender of the baby. I was so glad that I got this far along in the pregnancy. With having a miscarriage last pregnancy, I was scared, but this one has gone good so far. I was glad.

I was excited about today, but I was dreading tomorrow. Ashton and I had decided that it was time Kaely found out who her real dad was, so we were taking her to talk to Jacob, who was still in prison.

Ashton, Kaely, and I got into the car then left for the hospital for my ultrasound. I couldn't wait to find out the gender of the baby.

"It's a boy," Ashton told me.

"I don't know.. It could be a girl," I challenged him.

"Who knows?" He shrugged, continuing to drive us to the hospital.

"We'll find out soon enough," I grabbed Ashton's left hand in my right.

"Yeah, we will," he nodded.

We walked into the room, and the nurse grabbed the gel. After she put a little on my stomach, she placed the wand on there and moved it around. She asked to make sure that we wanted to know the gender. Of course we said yes.

"It's a boy," the nurse smiled at us, "congratulations."

"Thank you," I smiled, looking at Ashton.

"I told you," he joked, then kissed me.

-------

Later that day, I heard the doorbell ring. I told Ashton to get it, so he did. I heard him say to whoever was at the door, "oh my god, it seems like it's been forever! We haven't seen you in so long, especially since you couldn't come to our wedding."

I walked out of the living room to the entry way, where I saw Ashton and someone familiar. It was Piper.

"Piper!" I exclaimed, walking towards her.

"How are you!? I see that you have a bun in the oven," she smiled at me excitedly, "has there been any others since Kaely?"

"Actually, no. I miscarried almost two months after we were married. It took us two years to get pregnant again, but we're excited. We just found out it's a boy today."

"Really?"

"Yeah. We can't wait," I grabbed ahold of Ashton's hand.

"What are you naming him?"

"We have a name, but we're keeping it a secret from everyone until he's born," I looked at Ashton and nodded. Piper accepted that.

I then asked her, "so are you seeing anyone?"

"I've met someone, yes. It's not official quite yet, but it's getting there. I don't know how long it'll be, though. Hopefully not very long," she smiled.

"Well that's good. I hope it works out," I smiled back at her, "Do you want to see Kaely?"

"Do I want to see her?! Oh my god, yes! I haven't seen her for such a long time," she laughed.

"Kaely!" I yelled up to her room. She came running down the stairs.

"Auntie Piper!" She exclaimed. She had always called her Auntie Piper when I would take her to youth group with me.

"Kaely, how are you?" She asked, hugging her.

"I'm great! I'm getting a brother," she smiled at Piper, and Piper nodded, "I've heard."

"I'm also seven now," she told Piper and stood up tall to show how tall she was getting.

"You've grown a lot since I saw you last!" Piper exclaimed.

"Yeah!" Kaely nodded rapidly, "and I'm excited about tomorrow because mummy told me we're going to meet someone special."

I whispered to Piper, "he's not exactly special, but we're taking her to see Jacob in the jail and telling her that he is her father, not Ashton."

"Oh," Piper nodded, understanding.

"I'm not very excited because I have no idea how she's going to react. I really hope she doesn't flip out or anything.."

"That would be terrible," her mouth hung open.

"Babe, don't worry about it. It's not good to stress, remember?" Ashton had one hand on my shoulders and the other on my stomach, patting it.

"The baby is moving," I smiled at Ashton, "he probably knows your hand is on my stomach. You want to feel him moving, Piper?" I asked her.

"Sure," she smiled and put her hand on my stomach, "oh my god. That makes it so real, doesn't it?"

"Yes, it makes it seem so real," I nodded, "I love it."

"Well, I've got to go, but I wish you guys luck tomorrow and congratulations!" She smiled, hugging all three of us, one after the other.