Chapter 20 - The Best Christmas

December 24, 2015

I was now eleven and a half weeks. I couldn't wear tight shirts because I was already showing a little. Ashton has been getting suspicious, because when he wants to have sex, I push him off. I tell him I don't feel like it or something because he can't see me without a shirt on. That's becoming harder and harder to do.

I finished his one present that said about the baby. It Was a really cute idea. I loved it, and I knew he would too. I didn't know if he would understand it at first, but he would soon after. I was so excited to finally tell him and Kaely that we were having another baby.

Ashton had seemed to become very depressed. He noticed that I 'didn't want to try for a baby' anymore, so he was always sad about that. I felt so bad for him, and I always tried to cheer him up.

He would ask, "do you want to go to the doctor to see if we aren't doing something right and that's why we can't have a baby?" I didn't know what to say, so I just told him no.

He came up to me today and asked, "Chloe, do you want to adopt? I know you really don't want to try for a baby anymore since it was getting very disappointing.. We could look into adoption?"

"I do want to try maybe one more time, but not right now because I need to get a lot of last minute stuff done for tomorrow. I need to wrap your mom's gift and-"

"I can wrap it for you, don't worry. Where is it?"

"No, it's fine. I'll wrap it. It's not that big of a deal."

"Okay.." He kissed my forehead quickly before walking into the kitchen. He was making cookies since we were having everyone at our house tomorrow.

I walked back upstairs and wrapped Anne Marie's gift. I got a few of Kaely's last minute gifts wrapped up too. Then, I finished my dad's gift, the announcement about the baby.

I also bought three onesies that said about being uncles on them. One said, "if you think I'm cute, you should see my uncle". Another said, "my uncle is the coolest". The last said, "I get my awesomeness from my uncle". I wrapped them up for the boys to announce to them about the baby.

I was really excited that I got to tell everyone tomorrow. Only my mom and I knew, and we have kept it that way for about a month now. It's been hard, but soon it'll be over.

------

The next morning, Kaely ran into Ashton's and my room, waking us up. We got up of bed and walked downstairs. Ashton cooked a nice breakfast for us.

After we ate, we let Kaely open her presents. I opened mine next, and Ashton opened his last. He got to the last one, and I told Kaely to pay close attention to it.

Ashton unwrapped the box before opening it. Inside was a onesie that said, "I love my daddy" on it. Attached to it was a note I had put that said, "this may come in handy after 10-7-16". That was my due date. (A/N: that's July 10th)

Ashton just looked up at me, not sure. I told him to think and after he did, he looked back up at me, really excited.

"Oh my god! No that can't be-" He cover his mouth with excitement. He hugged me and kissed my cheeks multiple times.

"How far along are you? We haven't-"

"Almost twelve weeks," I told him, then lifted up my night shirt. I put my hand on my small stomach.

"Kaely, mummy is having a baby," Ashton smiled at Kaely, putting his hand on my stomach. Her eyes lit up, and she smiled too.

"I love you so much," Ashton whispered in my ear and kissed along my jawline.

Later that day, my parents, Devin and Alexia, Ashton's family, and the boys came over. I couldn't wait to tell them all.

I gave the boys their present, my dad his, Anne Marie hers, Lauren and Harry theirs, and Devin and Alexia theirs. I told them to all open them at the same time.

The boys were the first to figure it out. They gasped and looked at Ashton and me. We smiled at them, then Anne Marie looked at us.

I got her a shirt that said, "great mothers get promoted to grandmothers". Soon, everyone was smiling.

"Congrats, guys! And the baby will definitely be wearing this onesie," Michael laughed, holding up the onesie that said, "if you think I'm cute, you should see my uncle."

"Yeah, because it's talking about me," Devin jokingly looked at Michael. We laughed.

"How far along are you?" Anne Marie asked.

"I'm almost twelve weeks," I smiled.

"Oh my god!" Alexia got really excited. Everybody chimed in with a, "congrats!"

"Audrey, why aren't you saying anything? You seem to be-" Ashton asked.

"I already knew," my mum said quickly.

"Really? How long have you known?" Dad asked her.

"Since my birthday," she told everyone, "that's the day Chloe found out too."

"You've known for about a month?" Ashton looked at me. I nodded, and he continued, "why didn't you tell me?"

I shrugged, "I wanted to tell you a special way, at Christmas.."

"I love you," he smiled.

"I love you too," I kissed his cheek.

"And I love our little baby Irwin," you couldn't have gotten Ashton to stop smiling when he said that. I was so glad to have Ashton as my husband. He was amazing. I wouldn't trade him for anything. This was, in my opinion, the best Christmas.

~

Merry Christmas everyone! I thought I'd update this as sort of a Christmas present, and plus it is about Christmas. I hope you all have an amazing Christmas and I'll talk to you about three more times before the new year! I love you all:)

-Lizzie xx