Inspiration

The inspiration behind this trilogy:

In 2013, I found out that this one girl in eighth grade at my school was pregnant. I, not knowing what her real situation was, began to judge her, thinking she was a "slut" or a "whore". She began to get hate at the school, and that was because nobody knew how she got pregnant. She didn't tell anyone anything. She left to a different school district. After a few months there, she decided to come back to our school. She opened up and told people what really happened. "My brother molested me," she had said. I broke down inside. I shouldn't have judged her. I felt so bad. After she entered ninth grade in the following year, people from the community had suggested for her to come to the local youth group. She went. I go to the same youth group. Today, she has a beautiful about-two-year-old daughter. Her and her daughter come to youth group as much as they can. Both of them are such an inspiration to me, and I believe that God doesn't give you things you can handle; he helps you handle what you're given. I felt that I should write a story based off of them, but I also wanted to show how bad things, that seem to never get better or seem that they will never get better, can turn into good things. I hope that by reading this trilogy, you will be less quick to judge: not only if someone gets pregnant before marriage, but for everything.

-Lizzie xx