Chapter 33 - Hospital

This is Harper:) -^

~

Towards the end of the game, it was 3-3. There was about ten seconds left, and Noah was dribbling the ball down the field to their goal. He got there with five seconds left. He kicked it, then a guy from the other team took his other foot out from under him. Noah flipped backwards and landed hard on his head.

I sprung up out of my seat and sprinted towards him. I didn't even take notice if the ball went in or not. When I got down there, I saw it in the goal. They had won, but that's not what mattered.

I crouched down to Noah, and he was unconscious. The paramedics were pushing me out of the way. Thank god they always had paramedics there. I could see Noah split his head open. I saw his parents coming down from the stands. The paramedics got him on the stretcher and we're taking him to the ambulance. His parents made their way towards us.

"Bronx, come here!" I yelled to him. He was probably confused since he didn't know we were dating.

As I went to get in the ambulance with him, and Bronx was too, the paramedics stopped us.

"You can't come," they told us.

"I'm his girlfriend, and I can't leave my brother here. Please," I told them. Bronx looked at me and smiled. He liked the fact that we were together. I could tell he admired Noah.

"Okay. Come on, Mr. and Mrs. Parker," the paramedics helped them into the back.

On the way to the hospital, I texted mum, "we'll be home a little later than expected.. See you soon:)"

After arriving at the hospital, they took Noah away, so Bronx and I were left alone with Noah's parents.

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. Parker," I smiled. They knew me well since Noah and I were best friends before we were dating.

"So you said you're with Noah? He hasn't said anything," his mum told me.

"Uh, yeah, we haven't told anyone yet."

"Why not?"

"My dad is really protective," I told them. He is super protective of me, especially when it comes to boys.

"I can see that. From everything that happened when you were little," she nodded.

"How do you know about that stuff?"

"I was your mum's guidance counselor in school. She came to me every day at lunch when she was pregnant with you."

"Really?"

"Yeah," she smiled.

------

The doctor came out and told us that Noah was going to be okay, and that they had stopped his head from bleeding. One major thing was that he might have memory loss.

We were allowed to go into his room to see him since he was awake. As I walked in, I heard him mutter, "Kaely..."

I ran to him and hugged him. I began crying, "are you alright?"

"I'm fine, babe. Don't worry."

"But you cracked your head open!"

"I said don't worry about me, okay?"

I wondered, "the doctor said you had memory loss, but you remember me.."

"I don't have memory loss... And how could I forget someone as amazing as you?"

"I love you," I pecked his lips.

"I love you too."

His parents cleared their throats, "we're here too."

"Sorry, mum. Sorry, dad.." He apologized, hugging them once they got closer to him. Bronx was standing behind them.

"Hi Bronx," Noah smiled at him, and Bronx waved and smiled, "hi."

"If she hasn't told you already.. Mum, dad," he paused, "this is my girlfriend, Kaely."

"She's told us, yes. And we're completely fine with it. You guys have been best friends since you were very young.. We knew it would happen sometime," his mum smiled.

"You did?" I smiled.

She nodded, "of course we did. I've always had the thought that you two would date at some point. So how long have you been dating?"

"Well.." I looked at Noah, and he looked at me. We both knew that they would be surprised when we told them how long we'd been dating. I finally looked back at his parents and told them, "eleven months."

"Eleven months?!" They exclaimed, "almost a year? You've kept it a secret that long?"

"Yeah, well.. Everyone just figured we were still best friends. We hadn't hung out any more than we did when we were friends. When we went to each other's houses, it wasn't much different than when we were friends," Noah shrugged, and I nodded.

"And you haven't told your parents yet, Kaely?" George (Noah's father) looked at me.

"No.. I haven't. We're going to tell them soon," I told them, and almost simultaneously, my phone went off, telling me that I was getting a text from dad.

"Where are you and Bronx? Your mum and I are worried..."

"We'll be home soon, and we'll explain everything," I texted, promising him.

"Okay. See you then."

"Bronx, we'll have to leave soon. Dad wants us home," I told him.

He sighed, "fine."

I sat on the bed next to Noah, "you know I don't want to leave you here, but I've got to get home.." I pouted.

"It's okay, baby.. You go. I'll be fine here," he smiled, kissing my hand.

I kissed his forehead, "I'll see you soon."