Chapter 23 - Baby Boy

July 7, 2016

Ashton and I were now in the hospital because I had been having terrible contractions since yesterday. We came in yesterday afternoon, but nothing more has happened yet. I had the same doctor I had when Kaely was born. The last time the doctor came in, he said to expect to be here another four hours until the baby comes.

I didn't want to be here another four hours. I have been carrying the baby for almost forty weeks, and I've been in the hospital for almost a day now. I don't want to wait much longer.

The boys agreed to keep Kaely and to bring her in to see the baby after he's born. They're probably having a hard time because she was super excited about me having a baby.

Ashton grabbed ahold of my hand. He smiled at me, but I felt bad. We've been in the hospital for all of his birthday so far, and we will most likely be in here for the rest of it.

"I'm sorry, Ash.. we're going to be in the hospital for your whole birthday," I apologized.

"Babe, don't worry about it. I'm getting the best birthday present I could ever ask for," he assured me.

Suddenly, I felt my water brake. I knew then that this baby was coming.

*Ashton's POV*

I looked over at Chloe worriedly.

"What's wrong, babe?" I asked.

"My water just broke," She told me, "get the doctor.."

"Chloe.. He's doing a c-section on someone. He won't be back here for another half hour!"

"This baby isn't waiting that long," She told me and began to push.

"Baby, don't push!" I scolded.

"Ash, face it! The baby is coming!"

"Oh my god, um," I didn't know what to do. I was so scared right now. I panicked and grabbed a pair of gloves. I had never even been in the room while someone was giving birth, never mind delivered a baby, but I would do my best.

"What are you doing?" She asked, looking at me putting the gloves on as fast as I could.

"I'm gonna deliver him," I told her, hesitantly.

She breathed heavily, "you've never delivered a baby! You don't know how."

"But I'm gonna try," I got in front of her, "now push." She pushed a few times, and I could see his head.

"Baby, I see his head.." I smiled at her.

She grunted and laid her head back, taking a few deep breaths before pushing again. As she pushed, I could see him coming closer and closer. Soon, half of his head was out.

"Ash, support his head, but don't pull" Chloe ordered. She's done this before, so I listened to her, but I didn't want to hurt him.

"I don't want to hurt him.." I told her.

"Just do it.. You won't hurt him; you'll be helping him."

I grabbed ahold of his head and supported it as Chloe pushed. I was surprised that none of the nurses had heard us in here. They'd probably be wondering what was going on by now.

"I hate you right now. Thanks a lot," she muttered. I laughed, "I love you too.."

Chloe pushed another time, until his whole head was out. I announced to Chloe that his head was out, and she just nodded.

During her next push, his one shoulder came out, then the other came out with my help. I then supported him as his small body came completely out. Chloe threw her head back onto the pillow as I picked the small baby up and just looked at him. He was my son..

"He's not crying," I told her, worried.

"Turn him over then rub and pat his back a little bit," she said, and I did as she told me. His cries filled the room after a few seconds. I smiled, thinking of how this is my son. It still amazed me.

"Give him here," Chloe smiled, holding her hands out towards me. I placed our baby on Chloe's stomach, where there was a blanket, and she began to wrap him up a little bit.

I went into the hallway and got some help. Three nurses walked in and saw the small boy in Chloe's arms. Their mouths flew open in surprise.

------

A nurse brought Bronx Levi Irwin back in a bassinet a little while later. She told us he weighed six pounds, seven ounces, and was eighteen inches long. They had put him in a white onesie with a blue hat on. He was also wrapped up in a blanket. Chloe took him and bonded with him a little bit.

I decided to call the boys to tell them to come and to bring Kaely with them. I called my mum too, along with Chloe's parents and Devin.

*Chloe's POV*

The doctor came in a few minutes after Ashton finished on the phone with Devin. He saw Bronx from standing in the doorway and rushed over to us.

"What happened?" He asked.

"My water broke, and we knew you weren't going to be back for a while and Bronx wasn't waiting, so I went ahead and started pushing. Ashton delivered him, actually," I explained.

"Did you do a good job?" The doctor asked Ashton.

"I don't kn-" Ashton started.

"He did great," I interrupted.

"I've never delivered a baby before nor have I ever seen a baby being born, so I had no idea what to do. Chloe helped me a little."

"Well, congrats, Ashton." Ashton just smiled.

The doctor looked at me, "so, Chloe.. How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Tired, but fine."

"Well that's good. I'll be back a little later to check on you guys, but until then, I'll see you soon," he told us as he left the room.

Seconds after he left, I heard feet stomping on the ground, running towards our room. I knew it had to be Kaely. Soon, she ran through the door and jumped into Ashton's arms.

"Hey baby," he smiled at her. Luke ran into the room with Calum and Michael tagging along behind him.

"Kaely!" Luke scolded.

"What did she do?" I asked him.

"She ran off from us. She wanted to see you guys so bad."

"Did you miss us that much?" Ashton asked Kaely, putting her down onto the ground. She nodded and turned towards me. Once she saw Bronx, a smile grew on her face.

"Kaely.. This is your little brother," I told her.

"Can I hold him?" She wondered.

"As long as you sit on the chair," I told her. After she sat, Ashton put a pillow under her arm. I handed her Bronx.

"He's so cute," she smiled.

After she held him, the boys wanted to hold him. They all introduced themselves as Uncle Mikey, Uncle Cal, and Uncle Luke. As Luke was holding Bronx, mum walked in. Dad was right behind her. She smiled when she saw Bronx and took him from Luke. Dad smiled from behind her. He held Bronx next.

Anne Marie came walking in a few minutes later while I had Bronx, and everyone else had left except for Ashton and Kaely. I motioned her over. She walked over to me and I handed her Bronx. I smiled, "your first grandchild."

She gasped, "Ashton.. He looks exactly like you."

"Does he?" Ashton looked over her shoulder at Bronx.

"Definitely. He looks like you when you were born. I think he's going to be a mini you," she looked at Ashton and smiled.

~

Hello guys! I hope you like it, but I'm sorry to say that I won't be updating for a week because my week is going to be crazy with going back to school and activities outside of school. I promise I'll update the next chapter in a week, though. I love you guys and i hope you understand:)

-Lizzie xx