Chapter 32 - Football Game

March 7, 2025

"Mum! Dad!" Kaely yelled downstairs.

"What Kaely?" I yelled back up. I heard her running down the stairs.

"I'm going to the football game tonight. I can take Bronx if you want me to," she offered. She was wearing a jersey: number 22.

"Okay, thank you Kaely," I smiled at her. She hugged me then kissed Miami's forehead. She was such a good big sister.

*Kaely's POV*

I grabbed my sweatshirt out of the closet in the entrance room. I yelled upstairs to Bronx, "Bronx, let's go! We need to get going to the game!"

After he didn't come, I ran upstairs. I walked into this room to see him there with his headphones on. He didn't notice me until I took his headphones off. He was listening to a band that dad used to listen to. He was definitely a mini dad. He even looked a lot like him, way more than he looks like mum. He had the same birthday as dad too.

"What do you want?" He asked, frustrated that I interrupted his song

"Let's go. We need to get to the game."

"Why do I have to go?"

"You're the water boy for the games, remember?"

"Ugh," he groaned and got off of his bed.

"If you didn't want to do it, you shouldn't have signed up."

"First, I didn't sign up. You have to do it some weeks if you're on the primary league. Plus, I do like doing it. I especially like seeing Noah out there. He's awesome. I just don't want to stop listening to my music right now. I don't want to leave."

"You can listen to your music while we walk there. Now let's go."

"Okay," he agreed, then grabbed his headphones.

We walked downstairs. Dad was about to walk upstairs with Adelaide, but he stopped us. He asked us where we were going.

"We're going to to the game tonight," I told him.

"Okay," he agreed, "do you need any money for snacks?"

"I've got some."

"When will you two be home?"

"Right after the game, dad. I don't know when that will be."

"Okay. I'll see you two later," he kissed my forehead, then Bronx's.

"Bye dad," we said in unison. I made sure my hair looked okay before we left.

We walked out the front door and walked down the street. We were about a half-mile away from the school. We got there in no time.

After we got there, Bronx left to where he should be to be the water boy, and I went to see one the guys on the team..

"Hey guys," I smiled at them, making my way towards Noah. I saw number 22, then looked up to see Noah smiling at me.

"You came," he kissed my cheek.

"I wouldn't miss it. This is your last game. It's important. But I just wanted to let you know, Bronx is here tonight, okay?"

"Why don't you want to tell them?"

"You haven't told your parents or siblings yet. We haven't been dating long," I came up with an excuse.

"Eleven months, almost a year!" he exclaimed.

"I just don't want to tell them yet. My dad is really protective, and you know that!"

"I know, baby. It's okay. But we're best friends, and your parents love me!"

"Soon.. We'll tell them soon."

"Okay. I trust you.. but only if you promise."

"I promise," I smiled at him, pecked his lips, and made my way into the stands after whispering, "good luck," in his ear.

I made my way over towards the stands. Noah was so good at football (A/N: soccer, for my fellow Americans), and I knew he would crush it out there.

I loved watching him play. By the end of the first half, it was 2-1 us. I was so glad. Noah had scored one right towards the end of the first half, breaking the tie. We still had another half to go, but I was happy we were winning so far.

I saw Noah talking to Bronx. Bronx looked really happy. He looked up to Noah. He would love to know we were dating.

I walked up to them and asked Bronx if he wanted anything from the concession stand. We walked over together, and I got him a drink and a hot dog. I got a hot dog for myself, then got a Gatorade.

I walked over to Noah and threw him the Gatorade. I smiled at him, then he smiled back. I knew which kind he liked. He took a drink of it before starting the second half.

I walked back up into the stands, sitting down where I was previously. I watched the game, not knowing what would happen later on.

~

Sorry it's a little late, but here's the chapter:)

-Lizzie xx