Chapter 9 - London

December 24, 2013

"Happy 22nd birthday, lad!" Ashton exclaimed into his computer while sitting on the couch in the downstairs living room of the new house. He was talking to Louis.

In about the past two weeks, Ashton and I really worked on getting my things packed and Kaely's things packed, and after many trips from the old house to this house, we got everything here. We had been in the house for the past three days, and I was still working hard on unpacking everything. It was a little stressful at times, but I was fine.

Kaely loved the new house so much. She loved her new room a lot. I made sure to tell her that when the new baby came, she'd have to share mummy and daddy. She understood, and I think it's better that she's five and knows how to share than being two and not wanting to share. She was so excited about getting a baby sister. She was also excited for Christmas tomorrow.

I was on my phone just for a few minutes, and I was looking at Ashton's one tweet over and over again.

"@Ashton5SOS: it'll only be around seven months until I'll be able to hold the new little Irwin😊" December 14, 2013. 2:47PM

That tweet had sparked lots of attention on social media for me. Everyone was tweeting me, asking, "is it true!? Is it true!?" I couldn't believe that tomorrow was going to be our last Christmas without London.

I sat next to Ashton on the couch and waved to Louis while exclaiming, "hey, happy birthday!"

"Thanks Chloe! How are you and the baby?" He asked.

"Pretty well. I don't know what I'd do without Ashton, though," I looked at Ash, "this pregnancy is a lot different than the one I had with Kaely. I'm so glad Ashton's helping me out as much as he is, especially with midnight runs."

"Get this: the other night," Ashton began telling Louis, "she woke me up at one in the morning and asked if I could get her a coffee from Starbucks. I asked her what kind, and she said 'the usual'. I got her what she usually gets and came back, but she told me she didn't want that kind, that she wanted my usual. When I left and got my usual for her, I came back to see that she had drank the one I had previously gotten. She told me she didn't want my usual, so I drank it. When she asked where it was later, I told her I had drank it and she began crying. She cried for a while, and I was up until two-thirty trying to calm her down."

"Wow.." Louis looked at me.

"Guys, don't judge me for my hormones and my cravings! It's not my fault! If you didn't want me to act like this, maybe you shouldn't have impregnated me," I sassed Ashton.

"Oh," Ashton looked wide-eyed at me, "you're gonna play that game? You're the one that said you missed having a baby around. And you play as much of a role in this as I do. Also, I'm happy that you're pregnant. I want a baby, and it's fine that I have to do midnight runs."

"Good," I smiled.

"Well I'll talk to you two later," Louis was about to hang up, "But before I go, get Kaely! I bet she misses uncle Lou!"

We called for Kaely, and she talked to Louis for a minute. After she was finished, we ended the call with Louis, and I sat on the couch with Ashton to watch a tv show.

Devin had called soon after that and asked us if we wanted him to keep Kaely for the evening so we could do some "last minute shopping". We agreed, and I got Kaely a bag together. It was only eleven, and she was going to Devin's at three. We began to get lunch ready, and that's when everything went wrong.

While Kaely was eating her lunch, I went to the bathroom. My stomach had been hurting really bad. I didn't know what was going on, and I didn't think I wanted to know.

Red. That's all I saw. Blood.. I called Ashton in and showed him. His mouth dropped completely, and he told me he needed to get me to the hospital.

"Kaely, come on," Ashton told Kaely who was in the kitchen.

*Ashton's POV*

"What's wrong?" Kaely asked as I held Chloe in my arms, running her out to the car. I placed her in the passenger's seat, then grabbed Kaely and put her in her car seat sitting in the back.

"Daddy, what's going on?" She asked as I buckled her in.

"I need to take mummy to the hospital. You're going to uncle Devi's a little early, okay?"

"Okay," she agreed, and I went back into the house to grab the bag Chloe had packed for Kaely already.

On the way to Devin's, I called him and told him that we needed to drop Kaely off early, and he asked why. I said I'd explain later, then ended the call. After dropping off Kaely and not explaining, I think Devin got worried.

He called on our way to the hospital. When I answered, he asked roughly, "what's wrong with my baby sister?"

"She was bleeding, and she's pregnant.. so that's not good. I'll talk to you later. I've got to get her to the hospital. Bye," I explained and hung up.

When we arrived at the hospital, I ran to the other side of the car and unbuckled Chloe before running her into the hospital.

"Ashtonnn.." Chloe breathed heavily.

"Chloe, baby, you'll be alright. We're at the hospital," I told her, and got a doctor. I carried her into a room, going in behind the doctor.

"She's how many weeks pregnant?" He asked again.

"Eight and a half," I informed him once more.

"With this much blood, it's most likely not breakthrough bleeding. I'm sorry to say it, but I think she is possibly miscarrying," the doctor told me, and I broke down inside.

He got out the ultrasound machine, then began to check for a heartbeat. He moved the wand around.

"I can't get a heartbeat. Only Chloe's," he looked up at me with a saddened look on his face.

"Oh!" He exclaimed, "there it is." He looked at me, and I smiled, hearing London's heartbeat. The doctor then began to lose the heartbeat.

"What's going on?" Chloe asked, looking at the screen. She was sort of out of it, after passing out.

"I lost the baby's heartbeat.. I can't find it. I'm so sorry," he told us, and I grabbed Chloe's hand tightly.

"I'm so sorry, baby," I whispered in her ear.

"I'll leave you two alone for just a minute," the doctor gave us an apologetic smile.

"Ashton.. We lost London," she gripped her stomach, crying.

"I know, Chloe, I know.." I sniffled and kissed her forehead many times, "we can try again."

"Yeah.." Her voice trailed off and she looked away from me.

"Baby, look at me. Look at me," I took her chin in my hand and turned her head towards me.

"You conceived London on, like, the first try," I laughed a little, "we can try again."

"I just want London..."