Chapter 34 - "Where Were You?"

I'm just putting random pictures of the rooms in the house in the photos-^

~

When I got back home, I talked to mum and dad who were in the living room with Harper, Adelaide, and Miami. I sat on the couch next to them, and I explained everything.

"Where were you? And why were you gone so long?" Dad asked. I sighed. I didn't want to tell him. How could I tell him? I was confused on what to say.

"Well, at the game during halftime, we were winning two to one, and after halftime was over, they played the second half where the other team scored two more and we had scored one, making it three even-"

"Why were you gone so late?" Mum cut me off.

"I was getting to that part. Anyways, in the last ten seconds, Noah was dribbling the ball down the field, and he got close to the goal with five seconds left. As he kicked the ball towards the goal, someone from the other team tripped him and pulled his left foot from user him.. He flipped backwards and landed on his head, cracking it open," I bit my lip for a minute, trying not to cry because of what happened.

"I had jumped from my seat and ran to him, but the paramedics had already gotten him, so they were loading him into the back of the ambulance. When they told me I couldn't go with him, I told them, 'I'm his girlfriend.' So Bronx and I went to the hospital with Noah and his parents. The doctors stopped his head from bleeding and thought he would have memory loss, but he didn't. So.. Yeah. We stayed there for a little bit and talked with him and his family," I breathed heavily after quickly saying everything.

"Did you say you told the paramedics you were his girlfriend?" Mum asked me. I didn't know what to say. I had told them that.

"Yeah, I did say that," I told them before quickly changing the subject, "so do you guys need be to put Miami to sleep, then?"

"No. We need you to explain why you said that," dad looked at me, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, well, funny story.. Last year on April Fool's day, when I pranked you guys saying I was pregnant, I told Noah that, and after I told him it was a joke, he had asked me to be my girlfriend. Wait.. No, he asked me when I was telling him I was pregnant. Anyways, I said yes and so we've been secretly dating for about eleven months now and I didn't tell you because I know you're super protective, and I didn't know how you'd react to me dating someone so..." I stood up, "I'm going to bed now. Good night."

"No you're not. You're staying down here," dad firmly said. I stopped in my path, turned around and walked back over to them, "I'm sorry,"

"You didn't tell us you've been dating Noah for a year?" Dad looked at me.

"Well, not exactly. It's been eleven months."

"Still! Kaely, you can't do that!" Mum exclaimed.

"Well I didn't know how you guys would react."

"We would've been completely fine with it. Noah is your best friend, and we trust him not to hurt you," dad smiled.

"So you're okay with it?" I asked, getting ready to go upstairs.

"I never said that," dad continued, "I said we would have been okay with it. We're not okay with it now because you haven't told us for eleven months. Where's Noah?"

"At the hospital, dad," I told him once again. He nodded, "well, when he gets out, I want him to come over here so I can talk to him."

"Ugh," I groaned, "fine."

"Good," he smiled, "now you can go to sleep."

"Can I go back to the hospital to see him? I feel really bad not being there with him," I pouted.

"Fine. But make sure you get some sleep there."

"Okay.. I will," I agreed and grabbed my keys before leaving.

------

I got to the hospital, walked to Noah's room, and I surprised his parents by being back there that night. Noah was sleeping when I got there, so his parents just left us alone in there, and I sat beside his bed, watching him sleep. He looked so peaceful. I didn't want to interrupt his sleep, so I moved quietly when I got up to walk around a little bit.

I heard slight movements coming from his bed, and I looked back towards him. His eyes were opening a little. I smiled at him as his eyes traveled around the room, stopping on me.

"Babe.." He whispered.

"Yeah, Noah?" I asked, waiting for an answer. It seemed like he didn't know what he wanted to say because he just laid there for a minute, looking at me and watching me.

"You came back.. I didn't know you were going to," he smiled at me, reaching towards me. I walked closer to him and grabbed his hand.

"I wanted to. I couldn't leave you here without me, knowing that you're hurting," I told him, pouting.

"I've told you before, Kaely Grace. I'm okay. I'm feeling alright," he promised.

"Are you positive? Like, one hundred percent positive? I'm still convinced you're hurting. No one can split their head like that and not hurt," I squeezed his hand a little tighter, worrying about him.

"Now that you're here with me, I'm feeling better," he smiled at me, putting his other hand on our hands that were held together.

"My parents know now.. They found out when I was telling them what happened," I admitted.

"Then we don't have to keep a secret anymore. Our parents both know," he smiled, "but.. My brother and sisters don't know yet. We'll have to tell them. After we tell them, we'll be okay."

"Yeah. But also, my dad wants to talk to you once you get out of the hospital, and I'm not sure how that's going to go. Probably the normal father-to-daughter's-boyfriend talk," I shrugged, laughing a little.

"Yeah," he chuckled slightly, seeming to be going out of it.

"I love you," I whispered quietly, not sure if he heard me. He was beginning to drift back to sleep.

"I love you too, Kaely Grace," he kissed my hand and let go of it before falling to sleep.