Chapter 10 - Santa

*Chloe's POV*

After leaving the hospital, we told my parents and Ashton's mum and siblings. They were crushed, but I know they weren't as crushed as Ashton and I were, more like than I was. I was a wreck. I just wanted to be alone. I wanted a baby. Ashton wanted a baby. I was just scared that if we tried again, I would miscarry again.

Later, we went to pick Kaely up from Devin's. Devin was worried about me, and when he saw me crying, he put Kaely down and brought me into a hug.

*Ashton's POV*

"What did you do to her?" Devin mouthed to me.

"Nothing," I mouthed back.

"What's wrong then?" He asked right before Chloe looked up at him. He smiled at her, then continued to hug her.

He invited us in to sit down. I didn't want to break the news to Kaely. I just couldn't. I knew that Chloe definitely wouldn't, so I was nice and did the (not such an) honor of telling her.

*Chloe's POV*

"Kaely..." Ashton began, "mummy isn't going to have a baby.."

Devin looked at me, teary eyed. I nodded, almost beginning to cry myself. Kaely looked at Ashton, not completely understanding.

"I'm not getting a baby sister?" She asked.

"No, baby, I'm sorry," Ashton choked up.

"Why did you lie to me?" Kaely got sad.

"We didn't, Kaely.. Mummy and daddy lost their baby. The baby died in mummy's tummy," Ashton took Kaely's small hand in his large hand.

"I want a baby sister," she looked down and began to cry.

"I'm so sorry, Kaely," I hugged her.

"We'll try again, I promise," I told her, then looked up at Ashton. He smiled.

*Ashton's POV*

I watched Chloe talk to Kaely, but I began talking to Devin. I told him, "she got pregnant on, pretty much, the first try. I don't think it would be that hard for her to get pregnant again."

"Yeah. Don't worry, Ashton. You guys will be fine, even if you don't have any more kids."

"I think she's just afraid of losing another baby," I frowned, looking at her with Kaely.

"Just because she had one miscarriage doesn't mean she'll have another one."

Alexia walked into the room and Chloe smiled at her. Alexia waved and said, "hi..."

*Chloe's POV*

I looked at Alexia's hand.. There was a ring. I asked her, "Alexia, I see there's a ring on your hand?"

"There is! Devin didn't tell you?" She put her hand on her hip and looked at Devin. I thought it was funny how she sassed him.

"Hey, I didn't tell them because they have their own announcement to make," Devin told her.

"What's that? Is it about the baby?" She asked, and I nodded.

She gasped, "Did you find out you're having twins instead of just one? Oh! Or triplets?" She covered her mouth in excitement.

"No," I cried, "we lost the baby."

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," she quickly hugged me, realizing what she had done.

"It's alright, I guess," I tried to hold back tears. Ashton came up to me and held my hand. He entwined our fingers, and I looked at our tattoo. I smiled really big.

"I love you," I whispered to Ashton.

"I love you too," he smiled, "we don't need a baby to show that. We lost London, yes, but we still have each other.. and Kaely," he looked over at her. I nodded.

"We will still try again, though, right?"

"Definitely," he nodded.

------

When we got home that night, we put Kaely to bed and told her that Santa would be coming that night. She got really excited and told me she'd be a good girl and go to sleep so Santa would come.

I walked back downstairs. Ashton stood there at the bottom of the stairs in the living room, in a Santa suit.

"Oh my god, Ashton.." I laughed.

"Santa has come to give you your present, since you've been a good girl," he smirked.

~

Since it has a sad beginning, I thought I would give it a funny end to lighten the mood:) Also, I'm sorry about the many POV changes:(

-Lizzie xx