Chapter 15 - A Baby and A Note

October 3, 2014

"So, where are you now, babe?" I asked Ashton while talking to him in Skype. I Skyped him at least four times a week, if not more.

"We're in Tampa now," he told me while lying down on one of the beds.

"Florida?" I asked, and he nodded.

In the background, I heard one of the boys yell. Ashton yelled back, but then Calum yelled louder, "ASHTON MOANS YOUR NAME IN HIS SLEEP!!!"

"Oh gosh, no, I swear I don't," Ashton covered his face with his hands, laughing. I laughed too.

"HE DOES!" Calum yelled back.

"Would you shut up?!" Ashton looked to his left, talking to Calum. I just laughed even harder.

"Is it true?" I wondered, still not able to control myself.

"I don't know.. I wouldn't know," he seemed embarrassed.

"Babe, don't be embarrassed! I think it's sort of... sexy," I smirked.

"I sometimes moan your name when I'm not asleep," he wriggled his eyebrows.

"Oh," I smirked.

"Ew.. guys... stop," Luke gave Ashton and me the grossed out face. I laughed, and so did Ashton.

"Ugh, you guys disgust me," Luke scoffed.

"Then leave," Ashton shooed him off.

"Fine. I will," Luke got off of the bed from behind Ashton.

"So it'll only be about four days until I see you?" I smiled.

"Yeah," he smiled back, "then I'll be home for a while. We can, uh, try for a baby?"

He knew that it was still a sensitive subject. I felt bad, but we had tried every time he was home. There was no luck. I was getting discouraged.

"Ashton.." I looked down, then decided, "I guess so.."

"It'll be alright, babe. Don't worry. If a God wants it to happen, it'll happen," he smiled at me. I nodded.

"I just think we should adopt if we want another baby," I looked at him, straight in the eyes.

"I want to have a child of my own, though. And I was researching it.. You probably miscarried London because we moved. You were stressed. It's really common for expectant mothers who move during their pregnancy to miscarry. I've told you this already," he said, his tone soft.

"Well then how come I can't get pregnant again if that was the reason I miscarried!? Can you research that?!" I got mad, only because my feelings were taking over. I was really sad, and that informations wasn't making me much happier. He had already told me that before.

"I- I have," Ashton told me quietly.

"What did you find out?"

"Well, there are certain positions for conceiving," he explained, "we could try some of those."

"Yeah," I nodded, "but how did you find out about all of this stuff? Like, why did you look it up?"

"I want a baby too, Chloe," he looked at me with sadness in his eyes, "and I don't like seeing you so depressed all of the time."

"I'm okay, though, Ashton. Yes, I do really want a baby, but I'm not depressed, I promise," I paused, "But I do get really sad when we talk about this."

"I do too, but if we don't ever talk about it, it'll never happen. Come on, babe. We'll be okay."

"Okay. I'm sorry," I looked down, "I just really want a baby. Kaely is going to be six in about two weeks, and I miss having a baby in the house."

"I do too, babe. Kaely was almost a year old when I met you guys, but I loved caring for her.. and watching you do the same. And I know that Kaely really wants a sibling.."

"Yeah," I nodded, "she's asked me ever since she knew the words sister or brother if she could have a sibling."

"But I think we want a baby more than she does," he laughed, making me laugh too.

"I think so too."

"There's the beautiful laugh of yours," he smiled. I blushed.

He began talking again, "but how about.. If we can't have a baby within the next year.. wait, no.. Let's make it a certain date. If you aren't pregnant by New Years of 2016, then we'll adopt. Are you okay with that?"

"Yeah," I nodded, sighing. I wanted a baby of our own, but adopting would also be nice.

I heard a loud noise, like a bang, from up in Kaely's room. I grabbed my computer and started going up there. When Ashton asked what I was doing, I didn't respond. I was scared. I looked into Kaely's room since the door was already open. She wasn't in there. Her window was open. She wouldn't have been tall enough to unlock it.

"A-Ashton," I breathed heavily, then looked down on her bed. A note was there. I read it in my head, then aloud to Ashton, "Dear Chloe, if you want our daughter back, you'll have to come find us (at our secret hideout...). Bring 50,000 dollars if you want to leave with both you and her alive. -J"

"No no no no no, this can't be happening," I threw my hands in front of my face.