Chapter 16 - Secret Hideout

"Chloe.. Chloe, listen to me. Babe.. Listen. To. Me. Okay?" He looked me straight in the eyes. I nodded, still crying.

"Call the cops and report Kaely missing, and report that Jacob got out of jail, if they hadn't already noticed. Take the gun out of the top of our closet. Take 50,000 dollars, just to intimidate him and make him think you'll actually give that to him. Tell your parents to take you to his secret hideout. We've been there before. Trust me. Do all of that, and you'll be fine. Make sure you have a cop with you so he can arrest him again, that's the most important part. I love you," he smiled faintly, trying to make me feel better.

"Don't worry. I'll be fine. I love you too," I couldn't smile, but I ended the call and did everything I was told to do.

Thoughts were running through my mind. They were all different, but they were all scary too. I didn't want to think about one things. What if Kaely wouldn't be alive when I got there? I grabbed the gun and the holster. What if Jacob would escape from me or the cops? I took 50,000 dollar out of the jar in the highest cupboard in the kitchen, the one with the crisps. What if Jacob won't accept the fifty thousand as enough and he kills both of us? I called the cops and told them what was going on. What if they didn't agree to come? I was so relieved that they agreed, and they told me they were sending one of their best officers.

When I asked my parents to come over and take me to "Jacob's Secret Hideout", they thought I was crazy. They didn't know why I wanted to go there, but I didn't explain. I just told them to come to my house and I'd explain on the way there. After we left my house, we made our way to what Jacob called his secret hideout. I had gotten a cop to trail behind us, one that I recognized, somehow..

We arrived at where Kaely and Jacob supposedly were, and I heard yelling. They were here.. I didn't want to know what he was doing to her or planning to do to her.

I walked in after my parents encouraged me to. I had the gun at my side. Ashton had taught me to use this gun, and if I do say so myself, I have pretty good aim. I saw Kaely sitting on a chair right in front of Jacob, tied up. He was yelling at her. She was crying, but she had duct tape over her mouth. Jacob was facing away from me, so I motioned for the cop to come in.

The cop snuck up behind Jacob and began handcuffing his hands. He read him his Miranda Rights and took him out into the cop car as I had the gun pointed towards his head.

"If you move, you die," I told him through gritted teeth. He struggled to get out of the cop's grasp and yelled at him.

I told my parents to go in and get Kaely. We got Jacob into the cop car, and I was glad. He just did stupid little things, but each little thing was adding onto his years in prison. I wanted to go back home with Kaely, but I had to thank the officer first.

"Aren't you the girl who was sexually assaulted by this man?" The officer asked. I nodded. That's where I knew him from. I couldn't believe he remembered me or I remembered him.

"Yes, I was. And this is the little girl that is here because of that," I smiled, gesturing to Kaely.

He smiled, "she's a sweet little girl. Don't ever let her out of your sight again, and trust me. You call whenever you need anything. I'll make sure to help you. Just ask for Officer Hank Miller. This time, he's being put in maximum security," he pointed to Jacob in the back seat who had a terrible mad face on at the moment, "He won't be bothering you anytime soon."

"Thank you. But there's another one that has sexually assaulted me in the past, a few times.. Trenton Kline," I told him.

He nodded at me, "I'll see what I can do," and added a smirk onto the end.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Anytime," he sweetly smiled and drove away.

I got Kaely into the car, and we took my parents home before taking Kaely and myself home. I called Ashton on Skype, making sure he knew that everything was okay. I was fine, and Kaely was fine. She went on and on about random things to Ashton as though nothing had happened less than an hour before.

I walked out into the kitchen to get something small to eat, and I left Kaely in the living room, talking to Ashton. As I walked back into the living room, I heard Kaely saying something.

"Daddy.. Mummy has been upset lately. Do you know what's wrong?" She asked him.

"It's nothing major, baby. Don't worry about it," Ashton tried to comfort her.

"I want to know so I can help Mummy when she gets sad," Kaely frowned, "because I don't like seeing Mummy sad."

"Well, if you really want to know.. Mummy is sad because she wants to have a baby, a brother or sister for you. Mummy and Daddy really want to have a baby, but we can't for some reason," Ashton explained to her. I thought it was so cute. I couldn't wait to see him in a few days.

"Oh," Kaely looked down and nodded, "she's been in London's room a lot. I hear her in there, crying. I don't like it."

"I'll be home in a few days and I'll be able to help Mummy feel better, okay? You don't have to worry about her," Ashton smiled. I finally decided to walk over to the couch and sit down.

"Okay," Kaely smiled at Ashton, then at me. We both said goodbye and that we'd see him in a few days. We told him we loved him, and he said the same back. After ending the call, Kaely and I watched a Disney movie that we both fell asleep in the middle of.