Chapter 14 - Kidz Connexion

July 7, 2014

It was now Ashton's twentieth birthday. I had gotten up early so I could make him breakfast. After doing so, I woke him up and brought him downstairs. As he was eating, I got ready before getting Kaely ready.

I grabbed my book bag with everything in it before grabbing Kaely's small backpack it's her folder in it. I put her backpack in Ashton's car and my book bag in my car.

"Ashton.." I walked into the kitchen to see him putting his dishes in the dishwasher. I kissed him and told him happy birthday.

"Could you take Kaely to school today because I really have to get going. I have a special presentation this morning, and I can't be late-"

"Yes, babe, I can take Kaely to school. Don't worry. Just go. I'll take care of it. I promise," he smiled at me and huggi me to calm me down.

"Thank you," I smiled and gave Kaely a hug and kiss before leaving.

*Ashton's POV*

"Kaely, let's get going!" I exclaimed, yelling up the stairs.

"I don't want to go to school!" She yelled back.

"Kaely Grace, come on," I rolled my eyes, running up the stairs. She was in her room, sitting on her bed with her arms crossed.

"What's wrong, baby?" I asked her, pulling her arms out from being crossed.

"I just don't want to go to school," she pouted.

"I don't know what to say, Kaely," I shrugged.

"Oh yeah," she looked up at me, "happy birthday, daddy!"

"Thank you baby. Now why don't you want to go to school?"

"I just don't, I don't feel like it. I want to go to Kidz Connexion," she smiled at me.

"Fine. Since it's my birthday, and I'm feeling generous, I'll take you to Kidz Connexion, and you don't have to go to school, okay?" I told her. She nodded, smiling.

I got her into the car and put her into her seat before leaving. Kidz Connexion was about a half-an-hour away. Kaely was talking about how excited she was the whole way there. When we got there, I paid, and she ran off.

------

*Chloe's POV*

When I got home, Ashton was in the living room with Kaely. I said hello, and right before I went to sit down, the phone rang. I picked it up and walked out of the room to talk. It was the school.

"Hello. Mrs. Irwin?" Kaely's teacher asked.

"This is she," I told her. What could she want? Did something go on at school?

She responded with, "I see that Kaely was absent today, and I just wanted to remind you that her homework was just her daily reading and I also wanted to remind you about bringing in her excuse note tomorrow."

"Oh, okay. I'll make sure of that. Thank you," I smiled. What? Kaely was absent?

I hung up, then walked back into the living room. I put the phone back and sat beside Ashton. I smiled at him, setting him up.

"So.. How was your day?" I asked.

"Pretty good," he nodded, "who was on the phone?"

"Oh, no one important," I shrugged, "so you just stayed here the whole day? You didn't go anywhere or do anything special? Maybe with Kaely who didn't go to school?"

"Chloe, I'm so sorry. She just really didn't want to go," Ashton looked at me with sympathetic eyes.

"So she did stay home!" I exclaimed, mad at Ashton. I was trusting him to get her to school, but he didn't. Could I trust him to take her to school?

"Yes. I'm sorry. She was pouting, and she wanted to Kidz Connexion, so-"

"You took her to Kidz Connexion instead of taking her to school?" I was disappointed. I wasn't exactly mad at him, but I was just mad because I couldn't trust him to take Kaely to school.

"I've said this a million times.. I'm sorry. It won't happen again," he grabbed my hand.

"I knew this would happen. She feels that she can manipulate you because you'll spoil her and do anything for her. That's not good," I told him. Thank god Kaely had left the living room and gone up to her room.

"Babe-"

"Ashton, I'm not mad, I'm disappointed. You need to stop giving Kaely what she wants and give her what she needs," I explained, then got up from the couch and went upstairs. I walked into the room that was going to be London's nursery. I cried.

"Chlo," Ashton walked into the room.

"Ashton, please," I put my hand up.

"What are you so worried about? It's not guaranteed that you'll have another miscarriage. I've researched it a lot, and what I've found out is that it was most likely the stress from the move that caused the miscarriage. I know you don't want that to happen again, so if you do get pregnant, we will make sure you aren't stressed, okay babe?" He smiled at me, putting his arms around me.

"It's not all that. It's partly that, but I also don't want this happening with our other children, if we ever have any," I tilted my head back and looked at him.

"I won't, I promise. It was just a spur-of-the-moment decision. I'm so sorry," he apologized for the fiftieth time.

"Ashton, it's fine. And you seriously researched about miscarriage to make me feel better?" I smiled.

"Definitely. I hate seeing you sad," he pouted and hugged me.

"I love you.." I whispered into the crook of his neck.