Chapter 31 - The Complete Irwin Family

December 2, 2024

*Chloe's POV*

About a week and a half after Adelaide's second birthday, the doctors told me they didn't want me going to work, even though there were only a few weeks left of the school year.

When I walked out to the bus stop with Adelaide in my arms, I saw Kaely say bye to Noah and a few others. A lot of the kids waved at me and smiled. I waved back, and looked towards the door as Bronx walked off of the bus right before Harper.

The kids wound down the window and asked me, "how are you doing? Are you feeling okay?"

"I'm fine, thank you. I got bored all day so I began to draw a little something. I'll have to show you sometime. I might send it in with Kaely," I told them, smiling.

"We missed you today," they frowned, agreeing with each other.

"What substitute did you have?" I asked them. Usually my substitute was someone the class completely hated.

"It was Mr. Hall," the one sighed. I laughed a little at home much they hated having substitutes.

"Were you good?" I joked, and they shrugged, "sort of.. I guess." They all laughed as I did.

"He knows nothing about art. I can't wait until you're back," one of my junior's pouted.

"When I'm back, you'll be a senior. Unfortunately, I won't be back until next year," I told them, and they all groaned.

"Well, we'll see you later," they smiled one last time as Kaely walked up to me from the doors of the bus. The bus driver waved, and I smiled, walking with the kids back up to the house, holding my stomach.

------

The next morning, we went into the hospital really early. I was having contractions, and the doctors told me we'd be in the hospital for a while. We had sent Kaely, Bronx, and Harper to school, and Adelaide went to my parents' house. My parents would pick up Kaely, Bronx, and Harper from school, early if they needed to, and bring them here.

Ashton was sitting next to me, and he was smiling at me, telling me how I'd be having the baby on the band's thirteenth birthday. I smiled. There were special dates that we'd had our kids on before. Bronx was born on Ashton's birthday and Adelaide was born on Michael's birthday. Harper, however, was just born on March 16th, which wasn't a special date to us other than the fact that it was Harper's birthday.

"Ashton, can this be our last child?" I asked him. I was tired and didn't like being in this pain like I was.

"If you want it to be," he laughed a little, "I was thinking the same thing, and I think five would be a good number to stop on."

"Yeah," I agreed. He grabbed my hand and looked into my eyes, "but you've still got to bring this one into the world, and I know you can do it. You're fine right now."

"Thanks Ashton," I smiled, sighing.

"Whatever you want, babe. Plus, we're running out of places to name our kids," he laughed.

"Yeah, but I like the name we've picked out this time. It's really pretty."

"Definitely," he nodded, agreeing with me.

------

Later, after my parents had brought in the kids, the doctor had told me I was fully dilated, and that I should start pushing. Mum and dad took Bronx, Harper, and Adelaide into the waiting room where Anne Marie, Harry and Lauren, the boys, and some others were. Kaely stayed in the room with me, as she had done during Adelaide's birth. I was glad she was there to support me. It was hard to think that it probably wouldn't be too long from now until she would be married and having kids.

After about twenty minutes of pushing, Miami Elisa Irwin was here in the world, weighing seven pounds, eleven ounces, and reaching twenty inches long. Ashton had cut the cord and handed her to me.

I held Miami in my arms, and Ashton and Kaely smiled at her. I looked up at them and smiled. Miami gazed around the room.

People came into the room one by one, and there were, at the most, five people in the room at a time.

I didn't want to pass Miami around to everyone quite yet. I knew it was important for the mum and baby to have bonding time right after the birth.

When I did pass Miami around, I let everyone hold her. Even Adelaide held her, and we got a picture.

Adelaide and Miami had the same patterned clothes on, which we had planned. I thought it was super cute. Ashton had taken the picture then showed me. (Pic attached)

The Irwin family was now (hopefully) complete. With Kaely Grace, Bronx Levi, Harper Jade, Adelaide Marie, and Miami Elisa Irwin, our family was amazing. I couldn't have imagined a better family.

"Chloe.." Ashton looked at me, handing me Miami back. I smiled down at the small baby girl in my arms.

Anne Marie wanted to get a picture of us all, so we all gathered around the hospital bed. Kaely held Adelaide and stood on my right. Harper, then, was standing in front of Kaely. Ashton was standing to my left with Bronx standing in front of him. I held Miami, and we all smiled as Anne Marie took the picture.