Chapter 29 - Crying

The next Monday morning, I had gotten dressed when I suddenly heard Kaely crying in her room which was close to Ashton's and mine.

I walked into her room once I was fully dressed and I asked her what was wrong. She wouldn't talk to me for some reason. She just shooed me out of her room. I thought that was odd. We were normally really close, and she'd tell me what was wrong.

I walked downstairs and told Ashton what was going on. He was confused too. He had told me about her seeming squirmy when he had talked to her earlier that morning.

"What could be wrong with her? I hope it's not too bad," I looked at the floor. I knew something was definitely wrong because she pushed me out of her room.

"I have no idea. Has she had a big test recently? Maybe she just found out her grade and doesn't want to tell us because it's really bad? I couldn't imagine her getting that bad of a grade," Ashton shrugged.

"I'm really worried, though, Ashton. She never pushes me out of her room like that. It's like she just wants to be alone for some reason. She doesn't have a secret boyfriend that we don't know about, does she? Maybe he broke up with her or something? I'm really scared."

"Babe, don't worry. When she wants to talk, she'll talk. If she doesn't want to talk about it, don't bring it up. Maybe tonight if she still hasn't said anything to either of us, you can ask her if she's okay. I wouldn't force her to tell you anything or make her feel like you're forcing her to tell you."

"I won't. I'll just ask her if she's okay. I don't want her to feel like I don't care," I told Ashton before walking up the stairs and back towards Kaely's room.

I knocked on the door just a little bit, "sweetie, are you okay?"

"Mum..." I heard Kaely say quietly. I opened the door. She motioned me over to sit beside her.

"Kaely, are you alright?" I asked once again. She just looked at me and cried. I hugged her and rubbed her back, "what is it? Do you want to talk about it?"

"I don't know what to do, mum.. He-" she stopped herself. She breathed heavily. I guessed it was a guy that broke her heart.

"Is this about a boy, Kae?" I wondered, and she shrugged, "no.." She looked down and back up at me.

"I'm sorry mum, for this," she apologized.

"For expressing your feelings? Don't worry about it, baby," I hugged her again. She stood up knelt down by her bed. She stuck her hand underneath the bed.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

She sniffled, "just give me a minute." She held up one finger. She sat there with something in her lap. I waited before watching her pull it up towards me. It was a box.

"Wh-what's this?" I looked at the box. In large, bold, pink print, it said, "PREGNANCY TEST". I immediately got scared.

"Kaely, no.." I covered my mouth. Slowly, I opened the box and pulled out the test. That small stick proved all of my fears to be true. Kaely was fifteen and pregnant. She was going to be a teen mum like me. I didn't want her to ever have to go through what I did, with bullies and people not accepting the fact that I was pregnant at thirteen.

"Kaely Grace, what happened? Who's the father?" I asked her, still staring at the test, not believing what was going on.

"I'm sorry mum.." She whispered softly.

"Who. is. the. father?" I repeated slowly. She was hesitant. Kaely looked at her window, then back at me before opening her mouth. She closed it, then quickly muttered, "my best friend."

"Are you.. Are you talking about Noah?" I looked at her, confused. She bit her lip, nodding.

"It was one night, mum.. When we were younger, we had said we'd lose our virginities to each other since we knew we both cared about each other. Just one night, we decided it was time, and we.." She sighed, "I'm sorry."

"Kaely, you know this is wrong. You know that I raised you to wait. Why couldn't you have waited?" I put the test back in the box but kept it in my hand and stood up, "I just need a minute."

I walked downstairs to Ashton, hiding the test from him. I had him walk up to Kaely's room with me. Her head hung as he walked into the room.

"Kae, what's going on?" Ashton sat beside her. Kaely looked up at me and nodded. I took the box out from behind my back. Ashton's head fell into his hands.

"Kaely Grace Irwin, I thought we raised you better than to get pregnant at fifteen," Ashton began crying.

"Dad, I'm sorry," Kaely began crying again.

"Who's the dad?"

"Noah.. Noah Parker," Kaely murmured. Ashton looked at me and walked out of the room. I watched him go down the stairs and grab the phone. He dialed a number and hit the call button. Kaely gasped and exclaimed, "no, no, wait!"

"George? Hi, how are you?" I heard Ashton's side of the conversation, "I'm good, thanks. Um, could I talk to your son Noah, please? Thanks."

I took Kaely back up to her room so we could let Ashton and Noah talk this situation out by themselves.

*Ashton's POV*

"Ashton?" Noah asked after he took the phone from his dad. I answered, "yeah, hi Noah.."

"Is there something wrong? Is Kaely okay? Wh-what's going on? I-" I cut him off of his line of questions.

"No, Noah, don't worry. Kaely is fine, sort of," I shrugged.

"Sort of!? What happened? I'll come over if I n-"

"Noah, calm down. She's not hurt. She's just pregnant.. with your baby," I told him. There was silence for a few seconds before Noah spoke again.