Chapter 24 - Changes

The next morning, the doctor told me that we could leave. I got into a wheelchair with Bronx in my arms and was wheeled out to the car. Ashton took tiny Bronx from me and put him in his car seat. As a one-time-thing, Kaely sat in the front while I sat in the back with Bronx.

When we got home, we got to take Bronx around the house. Ashton grabbed his car seat and took him around everywhere, showing him everything. He began to fuss a little, and Ashton gave him to me.

"Yeah, that's a hungry cry," I told Ashton, then began to feed him. I walked into the living room and sat down.

"Over seven years ago.. It's been over seven years since I've had a newborn in my arms. I haven't even held someone else's. Oh my god," I smiled down at Bronx.

"And he's ours. You can hold him all you want, but the most amazing thing is that he's yours and mine," Ashton kissed my forehead.

"Well..." I bit my lip.

"Well what? Chloe... What are you talking about? Are you saying that Bronx isn't mine?" Ashton got really worried.

"No," I assured him, "I just wanted to see how you'd react. And that thought would be in your mind? That I would cheat on you? I'd never. You should trust me."

"I do trust you, but baby, it seemed like you were going to tell me Bronx wasn't mine for some reason. I had thought maybe something else had happened, like with Jacob.. I- I don't know."

"No, Bronx is yours. He's probably one hundred percent you. He's going to look just like you when he grows up."

"Maybe," Ashton giggled.

"That would be so cute. We would literally have a mini you running around here," I laughed a little.

"Did I ever tell you about the time I was at my mum's with Kaely and you were with Jacob and Dan? That time when you were in his basement.. I was with Mum, and I was really worried. Kaely didn't know what was going on, like, why you weren't there, so she was running around with Indie. I was sitting next to Mum, and when Kaely ran past us one time, my mum told me, 'she's just like you, you know?' Then I said, 'what?' and she answered, 'When I keep her, it seems like I'm raising you again, but as a girl.' I've never forgotten that."

I smiled, "maybe she'll think the same of Bronx when she keeps him. He seems to get everything else from you."

"Yeah, he does."

"I love it, though," I looked at him, grabbing ahold of his hand. He smiled back at me before asking, "if you could change anything about your life, what would it be?"

"I wouldn't change anything. Even if I could change something I didn't like, I wouldn't have some of the things I love today. If I wouldn't have had Kaely, I wouldn't have her here, I probably wouldn't have you, my parents would still be addicts, and I would have never met Devin. A lot of other things wouldn't have happened. I might not have moved in with Mrs. Smith. I might not have gone to that youth group. My life would've been completely different if I didn't have Kaely. If it was a different thing that seemed terrible at first, I wouldn't be here today with you and our beautiful family. I wouldn't change anything."

"Me neither. You explained my reasoning perfectly. I was mad when Mum told me we were moving and I'd go to a different school, but then I met you."

------

"Chloe!" Mrs. Smith yelled.

"Yes, Mrs. Smith?" I answered, walking into the living room where she was.

"What are your plans for life?" She asked me, and I sat down. Being only fifteen, I really hadn't thought about my future much, especially because of the situation with my parents.

"I have no idea. College really isn't in the picture for me. Maybe once I'm sixteen, I can get a real job, but I'll definitely keep working for you."

"You better. The highlight of my week has always been having you here," she smiled, and so did I.

"And what about marriage? Any plans for marriage?"

"No, not for a while in the future, at least. I have no idea, though."

"You should think more about these things. You're a beautiful girl, and by the work you've done here, I can tell you'd be an amazing wife and mother someday."

"Thank you," I smiled, standing up before leaving the room to finish my work.

*Ashton's POV*

"Mum, what were you saying about us moving? I heard you talking about that to someone the other day? Are we really moving?" I asked my mum.

"I've decided not to, sweetie. We aren't going to. You don't have to worry. You can stay here with your friends. I'm not going to move us to a different school if you three don't want to go. We'll stay here, especially since Harry just started school a year ago. It would be hard for him if we moved now."

"Okay. Thanks Mum," I smiled, hugging her.

~Three Weeks Later~

"Will you go out with me?" A girl named Jensen asked me. She seemed snobby, but she was pretty, so I said yes.

I bolted up, out from underneath the covers. I stood up, pacing the room. What was that dream? I noticed that Chloe wasn't in the room. I walked into Bronx's nursery and found her there, just sitting on the rocking chair holding Bronx. She was asleep, but Bronx wasn't. I picked up Bronx and soon got him to sleep and laid him back in his crib. I picked Chloe up off of the rocking chair. She mumbled a little something as I carried her back to our room, "I'm so glad I had Kaely and met you." She must've had a dream similar to mine.

"Me too, Chlo, me too," I nodded, lying her down on the bed.

~

I'm back!!! Yay:) I've missed updating, but I had a lot of fun this past week. Now I have to go back to school full time:( I love you guys, though, and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

-Lizzie xx