Chapter 25 - Airplanes

March 24, 2024

"Kaykay! Kaykay!" I heard Adelaide yelling from her nursery. Having a fifteen-year-old, a seven-year-old, a six-year-old, and a one-year-old in the house was crazy at times.

"Kaely! Adelaide wants you!" I exclaimed to Kaely who was in her bedroom.

"I hear her! I'm going!" Kaely answered. I heard Kaely singing one of Ashton's songs as she came down the steps into the living room holding Adelaide.

"Airplanes cut through the clouds; Like angels can fly, we'll never die; Sirens cut through the night; Like screams set on fire, rising up higher; I've got something to prove, nothing to lose; In this city, in this city woah.." She sang, then sat beside me.

"That sounded beautiful, Kae," I smiled, and she thanked me. I told her for the millionth time, "You really do have a voice like your dad's."

"Yeah. Everyone tells me what beautiful voice I have," she shrugged, "I just sing a lot, and dad has a good voice, so I guess I've been brought up listening to him sing."

"What about me?" I joked. She just looked at me and said quietly, "well..." I laughed at her, "I'm kidding, don't worry. I know my voice is terrible."

"Your voice is not terrible," Ashton walked into the room, smiling at me, "your voice is beautiful, you just don't think so for some reason."

I smiled as he sat down next to me. He reached out his hands towards Adelaide, saying to her, "come here, Addie. Here, baby.." He smiled brightly at her.

"No!" She exclaimed, clinging onto Kaely. It was so cute how she adored Kaely so much. I loved how much she loved her sister.

"Okay," Ashton laughed. We both looked at each other and smiled. I kissed him and Kaely looked at us, saying, "hey hey hey.. No PDA with a baby around.."

"Oh, sorry.." I lifted my hands up in surrender, jokingly, "I thought that we were married and we could do whatever we wanted to, huh?"

"No, you can't," she joked. Adelaide whined a little and stuffed her face into Kaely's chest. Kaely looked down at Adelaide and must have thought a little before saying, "I think she's tired."

"I think so too," I nodded, "she only took a short nap earlier. She was almost refusing to sleep today."

"I'll take her up," Ashton offered, putting his hands out towards Adelaide. Adelaide reached towards Ashton, and he smiled. He took her up the steps and towards her nursery.

"Mum..." Kaely quietly said, looking in my direction but no exactly right at me. I was wondering what was going on.

"Yeah, Kae?" I asked, smiling at her. I didn't know what she was feeling right now. It seemed like she was sad or excited to tell me something. I couldn't really tell which one it was.

"I was wondering if you could take me to this youth group tonight.. It's close to twenty minutes from here. One of my friends told me about it and-"

"Boy or girl friend?"

"Does it matter?"

"Yes, it matters. Boy or girl? I'm guessing it's a boy."

"Yeah, but so what? We're only friends, and I'm only fifteen. I'm not going boy crazy and going to ask him out just because we're good friends. I don't want to change that, at least right now."

"At fourteen, I had a baby to take care of with no parents supporting me. You're lucky, Kaely. Plus, I don't mind if you go boy crazy. I'd love to help you with any crushes you have.."

"I don't, right now. I only have guy friends, and none of them are going anywhere soon, I hope."

"Okay. But more about this youth group. When is it?"

"It's from six to eight thirty. Every Sunday night. And it's about twenty minutes away from here, so-"

"I'll take you, don't worry about it. I was in a youth group when I was your age, remember?"

"I remember, a little. I was four or younger when you were going, so I really don't remember much."

"I'll take you tonight, and I hope you'll have as much fun as I had at my youth group and get as much as I got out of it. I have so many amazing memories from my youth group. That was where you took your first steps, too.."

"Yeah, I've heard that story," she smiled, "and I'm really excited to go because a lot of my friends go."

"I'm excited that you're going to a youth group," I smiled, "your dad and I made great friends there, including Auntie Piper."

"I love Auntie Piper! When are we going to see her again?" Kaely asked, pouting because we hadn't seen Piper in a few weeks. She was married to Michael now. I remembered when I was pregnant with Bronx, she told me that she had met someone, and she had thought that it was going to go somewhere soon, and it did. They started dating and got married two years later. They've been married for a few years now, and they have two kids, one that's two and one that's a few months old. I am so happy for them. Plus, that means I get to see her more often then I would've if she wasn't with Michael.

"I'll have to see. Maybe she could bring Connor and Eli over for a little. Then uncle Mikey could hang out with your dad," I suggested.

"Yeah! Sometime this week?" She smiled. I shrugged, "I'll see what we can work out."

"Yay!" She exclaimed. Ashton walked down the stairs and sat beside me. I told him about what we had been talking about. We were excited to know that Kaely wanted to be in a youth group and that she would get the experience we did with our youth group. The one thing was: was this our youth group she was talking about?