Chapter 1. My Savior

Mina's POV

I raced up the stairs up to the apartment's roof as fast as I could. I put on my favorite dress and the necklace my father left me before he ran out on me and my mother. They were the only things I had to remember him by. I finally had enough, I couldn't take it anymore! I needed to end it here, no way I would stop.

'That damn Kushina, she thinks she's so much better than everyone else, just because she's popular,' I thought as I kept dashing up the stairs.

Time rewind: 8 hours before

At school today, I was eating lunch alone on the roof. I tried to stay as far away from Kushina and her "gang" as possible. But as soon as I sat down and got comfortable, she came through the doors and sat on the opposite corner of the roof.

A few minutes later, I had finished eating so I got up and threw away my trash by the door. That's when Kushina noticed me. I widened my eyes, and she must've seen how scared I was because all she did was smirk. I quickly went back to my corner, all alone, and pulled out my sketchbook. Once I started drawing, I got caught in my own little world. I didn't even hear her coming, but that little a-hole, Kushina, ripped my journal right out of my hands. I was so startled I could barely even move a muscle.

"These drawings are crap. I could do better in two seconds where you would take two days to draw this. It looks like some cat just threw up on it!" She ripped each and every one of the pages out of the spiral and let them fly away in the wind. I quickly got up and tried to snatch them back, but all I could grasp was empty air. I could hear Kushina's friends laughing hysterically as tears began to well up in my eyes. I grabbed my bag and raced to the garden, where I knew I could be alone.

After school, I had spent almost three hours trying to collect all of the pages again. I was even the last person to leave the school.

Time skip, back to present time

I finally made it to the top, panting like I just ran a marathon. I sat down for a minute to catch my breath. But as soon as I sat down against the wall, I heard feet pounding thunderously up the stairs. My eyes widened, I didn't think people would actually be going up to the roof this late at night! I got to the edge, my back to the door. I said my last goodbyes to my family just as the door slammed open. I closed my eyes and spread out my arms, ready to jump if I heard the slightest movement.

"Wait! Don't jump!" I heard him say. Hold on, I knew this voice. It was Sora-senpai.

My eyes started to well up with tears, I liked Sora-senpai ever since the day I transferred to my new school. He was my first crush, I didn't want him to see me, just moments before death. But, I knew I had to do this.

I heard him slowly coming closer to me. "Please, just don't jump. I can help you, what's wrong? You look about my age, you're too young to die now!

"Well you haven't walked a mile in my shoes, have you Sora-senpai?" I asked as I started bending down so I could gain momentum to jump, it was harder than I thought. I didn't want him to see me die, but I had to do this. It was the only way to solve my problems. To just not have to face them at all ever again.

I was about to leap off before I felt warm arms wrap around my waist. His arms were shaking as he held me down on the ledge. My eyes widened as tears started streaming down my face.

"Please, let me go. You have to let me do this! You have no idea what I've gone through! A popular guy like you, no way have you seen her dark side, I mean, she loves you for crying out loud!" More and more tears were rolling down my cheeks as I kept trying to break free of his arms.

"No. I haven't walked in your shoes before, but that doesn't mean that I don't know what you're going through. Everyone has been bullied, including me," he said, his arms still shaking as he held me down tighter. "I said I would help you through this, didn't I? I don't plan to break that promise."

I was still squirming around because I promised myself. I promised myself for so many months that I would end it, right here and now. And I finally have the chance to do it. Am I really about to throw this chance away?

"Please... Don't jump," I heard Sora-senpai's voice crack as he said those words. I wondered why it had cracked, until I realized that he was crying...

Him crying for me, made me fall into a daze. My foot slipped off of the ledge and I started falling in slow motion. I didn't want to die anymore. Someone actually cares about me for once! I didn't want to let this wonderful feeling of joy go! On top of that, the one who cares about me, is my first crush.

"Kyaaaaa!!!" I screamed as my foot slipped. Sora-senpai's head shot up from looking at the ground, I was right, I saw tears in his eyes, rolling down his cheeks in a single stream. I reached out my hand, but it was too late, I was already nearly past the ledge.

Sora-senpai was on his stomach on the ledge with his warm, gentle hand clinging onto my forearm in an instant. I couldn't believe it, he actually saved me.

"Th-tha-thank you, Sora-senpai! Y-you saved m-my li-life!" I thanked him in a shaking voice, I couldn't believe it. Tears were racing down my cheeks in so many streams I didn't think were possible. I closed my eyes because they were beginning to become swollen from sobbing too much.

I kept them closed for while until I felt a drop of water on my forehead. Then another, and another. I looked up, and I saw that Sora-senpai also had multiple steams of tears rolling down his face. "Y-yeah, no... Problem!" I could tell I was beginning to become heavier by the second because of the slight grunt he made every few seconds.

I reached my other hand up, signaling him to take it so that he could pull me up easier. He saw my trembling hand reaching out, and took it in his own. He got off of his stomach and stood up as best he could while still holding me over the ledge. He backed up a little until I was able to set my knees on the ledge. I was so relieved.

He slumped down, up against the wall to regain his breath. We sat still for a while, until finally, he stood back up. He stretched out his hand, offering it to help me up off of the dangerous ledge. Instead of taking his hand, I attacked him with a huge hug.

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you! Thank you so much for saving my life Sora-senpai! I can't ever repay you!" I thanked him as even more tears began streaming down my face.

Sora-senpai hugged me back and brought my feet to the ground. He pushed me away and looked me in the eye. "How about this as payment?" He paused for a fraction of a second and bent down and kissed me. He kissed me right on the lips. I couldn't believe it. My first kiss, with... With Sora-senpai.

Because of the great and wonderful shock, my legs began to feel like jelly. I fell to the ground on my knees. Still in shock, I heard him chuckle. I looked up at him with my face closely resembling a tomato. I saw his outstretched hand, and I took it.

I immediately let go of his hand once he pulled me back up, onto my feet. "Y-you idiot!!" I yelled as I ran away, down the stairs.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Well, I hope you liked the first chapter!:) Tell me if you have any suggestions for any later chapters. I will try my best to at least update once or twice a week if I'm not busy!! Geez, I started writing this yesterday, and now it's tomorrow! D;