Chapter 14. Is This Fate?

Sora's POV

It's been three months since I got out of that hospital. Inside the bag Mina got me was a Christmas card, a box of my favorite pocky- coconut, and a triforce Keychain for my car keys. The Legend of Zelda is only my favorite video game of all time, so I was really happy to receive it.

Next week I will be able to finally take my driver's test to get my license. The car that Mina bought me isn't anything special really, it's a dark blue Santa Fe.

But right now, I'm working on moving stuff back into my apartment. The workers finally finished the floor yesterday.

"I'll finish making the curry and then I'll help you move your stuff back to your apartment, alright?" Mina asked. She had her long wavy blond hair in a ponytail and an apron tied around her neck and waist.

"That's ok. Take your time, this is my last meal cooked by you!" I replied as I put my things together.

I walked back to my apartment next door and set my things down. I walked over to the kitchen and poured some purple grape juice into a glass.

"I guess I should get started then," I muttered to myself.

Mina's POV

"I can't believe he's moving out tomorrow..." I whispered to myself with a sigh.

Next door, there was a loud thud.

'Moving stuff back already?' I thought as I continued to cook the rice for the curry.

A minute later, my door opened and Sora stood there with a wet purple stain on his dark blue T-shirt.

"What happened to you??" I asked suspiciously.

"Well. Umm... I laid out my rug on the floor and I got my glass of grape juice from the kitchen counter. I grasped it and started walking back, and I might have tripped on a lump in the carpet," he explained.

"Let's go look at the mess," I said with a sigh. I put the rice and curry sauce in separate containers and set them on the counter to cool off. I slipped on my black converse and followed Sora to his apartment.

We walked in and the rug was now flat, but there was a huge purple stain right smack dab in the middle of four tatami mats.

"I tried to clean it up immediately, but the tatami mats are still stained," Sora said with disappointment.

I sighed, "I'll go get Ms. Takeda," I hurried out the door and went down the stairs to the first floor. I knocked on the door that read "001".

The door opened after a few seconds. Sahara-chan was standing at the door.

"Mina-onee-chan? What're you doing here?" she asked happily.

"I'm looking for Ms. Takeda, Sora spilled something in his apartment and we need to get it fixed. Again. Is your mom home?" I explained.

"No, my mom is with the neighbors next door . They've been friends since forever. She did say she would be back soon though. Why don't you come inside and wait?" she offered.

"Sure, thank you Sahara-chan," I walked inside and waited for her to guide me to where I should wait.

"No problem. Come, sit on the couch. My friends and I were just watching some Naruto. Join us!" she took my hand and lead me to her couch.

Two young girls stood up and bowed to me.

"Oh, hello. You must be Mina! Sahara has told us so much about you! My name is Mikasa," one of them said. She had light brown hair put into a bun and she has beautiful dark blue eyes.

"Hello my name is Gracie. Nice to meet you, Onee-chan," the other girl said. She has jet black shoulder length hair and dark brown eyes. When she sat back down, I could've sworn that she smirked evilly.

"Don't even think about it Gracie," both Sahara and Mikasa said sternly.

"Alright, alright," she replied with a sigh. Gracie's smirk seemed to disappear.

"Well, nice to meet you Gracie and Mikasa. My name is Mina Yamanaka. I hope that all three of you can come over to my apartment so we can all watch anime!" I bowed and introduced myself formally.

The door suddenly opener and Ms. Takeda walked in, "Oh hey Mina-chan! What're you doing here?"

"Oh, heheh... You know how they just finished Sora's floor yesterday?"

"Yes," she answered suspiciously.

"Well, Sora might have spilled some purple grape juice on the new floor..." I started to trail off.

"WHAT?!" Ms. Takeda nearly yelled. "Oh man..." she put her forehead in her palm and shook her head in disbelief.

"Wanna come over to check it out?" I asked.

"Yeah, I suppose," she sighed and led us out the door. "I'll be back soon girls! Be good!" she shouted to the girls before she closed the door.

We went up the stairs and knocked on Sora's door. He let us in to look at the damage.

"Thanks for coming Ms. Takeda. I'm really sorry about this... They just fixed it and now they have to start right over! I feel terrible..." he sighed sadly,

"No, it's alright. Accidents happen. I'll have them fix it. Again. But I think you'll have to move back in with Mina-chan while they work on it," she explained.

"That's alright with me. You can stay as long as you need to Sora," I said.

Sora smiled gorgeously, "Thanks Mina. You're so awesome!" he hugged me gently from the side as I blushed a little from the compliment.

Ms. Takeda smiled at the sight, "Anyways, it should be done in a month if they aren't busy. I know it took three months last time, but it usually doesn't take as long. I'll let you know when they're done, alright?"

"Yeah, thank you!" Sora said as Ms. Takeda began to take her leave.

"Well, see you soon you two!" she waved before she closed the door and left.

"Well, I guess we don't have to move anything back then, huh?" Sora said with a nervous laugh.

"Haha. I guess so! Well, it's already 6:41, do you want some curry?" I asked as we started walking back to my apartment.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I wasn't really sure what to write here in this chapter, I'm sorry if it was boring. :(

I deeply apologize that I haven't updated in like, a week!!! I've had homework every day and I've been more tired than usual because of school. I'm really sorry... The next chapter will be awesome though!!! :)

Btw, Mikasa is supposed to be PinkSparkelz6 and Gracie is supposed to be LuvPandas28  . They are two of my awesome friends from school!! :)

I'll try my best to update in the next couple of days, but I can't promise anything... ;_;

OMG IM ALMOST HALFWAY TO 1K!!!! I'm so happy!!!!!! Thank you all for reading my story!!! And here I thought the most views I would get would be like 271 or something. (Sorry, random number)

~Sara

1/10/2016
Edited- 3/8/2016