Chapter 12. Hospital

Mina's POV

A/N: The following words in italics are faintly heard by Mina since she is just waking up. (Y'know how when you first wake up and you can't really hear that well and stuff? Well, it's like that).

"Ma'am, she's waking up!"

"Oh thank you! It's already been 27 hours since it happened. Do you know if the young man she was with earlier is alright?"

It was pitch black. I was so tired, I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes.

After a minute or two, I finally opened my eyes and sat up. I was sitting in a hospital bed with an IV plugged into my arm. I couldn't remember anything after the accident. I guess I blacked out.

On the right side of my bed, there was a woman sitting in a chair. My eyes immediately turned dark when I realized who it was.

"Thank goodness you're alright sweetie! It's been so long since I've seen you Mina-chan! You've grown into a fine young lady!" the woman smiled as she leaned over and loosely hugged me.

"Umm. Wh-who are you? I'm sorry!" I knew who she was, but I might as well play with for the loneliness she caused me.

I noticed her newly dyed shoulder length ginger hair and dark green eyes as she backed away. She looked deeply hurt at what I said to her.

"MOM?? Why are you here? After five whole years, now you decide to return?" I wanted to shout, but I knew I couldn't because it was a hospital. Tears formed in my eyes. I was happy, but I was also mad at her.

'Why is she here? She said she'd be gone for a week, but she never came back! My mom was dead for all I knew!' I yelled inside my head.

"Mina, sweetheart, I'm sorry I never came back from the states! I met a guy. You have a father, and you have a little brother. Your name is now Mina Smith! Your little brother's name is Eren. He's 3 years old," she explained.

"No it's not! My name is still Mina Yamanaka! He's NOT my father, and I do NOT have a little brother! I don't even know if you're my mother now! I've cut you out of my life long ago. For all I knew, you were DEAD! You never sent a postcard, letter, package, nothing!" I nearly shouted as a few tears slid down my cheeks. I quickly wiped them away.

"Not even a postcard to her own daughter?" I faintly heard the nurse whisper to herself as she was working.

My mother just stood there looking like we saw a ghost.

"Whatever. Just live your life how you want. I'm happy living here with Sora!" I said as I tried to get up, but my legs failed me and the IV slipped out of my arm. I winced in pain.

"Miss! You need to stay in bed and rest a little while longer! At least until after lunch," the nurse beside me told me as she helped me back up.

"No! I need to find Sora! I need to be by his side, what if he dies and I'm not there??" I half shouted as I got back off of the bed and tried to walk. I fell to my knees again, but that didn't stop me. I stood up again and stumbled to the door.

There was just one thing: I don't have the slightest idea what room he's staying in. "Umm... What room is he in..?" I asked with a nervous laugh.

The nurse sighed. "Please wait here Miss. I'll get the room number and a wheelchair. Please, go sit back down, alright?" She walked over to the door and helped me back over to the bed.

"Thank you," I replied as she walked out the door.

There was an awkward silence for a little bit until she spoke.