Chapter 9. A Day Out

Mina's POV

By Friday afternoon, we had Sora all moved into my apartment. He and I only brought over the necessary stuff and then moved everything out of the dining room into other rooms.

Sora slept on a futon in my room beside my bed since the bedrooms are actually pretty large.

It's been a week already since Sora moved in and I'm still not used to it. I have to cook for two and make two bentos is what I can't seem to remember.

Today I'm making French Toast with scrambled eggs and fresh strawberries.
I started to whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl when Sora came out of the bedroom, squinting at the bright light in the kitchen.

"Good morning, Mina. What's for breakfast today?" he asked groggily.

"Oh, good morning. Sorry, did I wake you? Today we're having French Toast with scrambled eggs and fresh strawberries."

"Nah, you didn't wake me up. That sounds delicious by the way. I can't wait to eat it!" he replied while smiling as he walked to the bathroom.

I melted some butter in a large pan and laid two slices of soggy bread in it. I sprinkled some cinnamon on it and I waited a couple minutes to cook and flipped it over. It was perfect!

When those two were done, I got two more slices of bread and dipped both sides in the whisked eggs and milk. I laid them in the pan and sprinkled some cinnamon on top.

I cooked those two slices and cracked a few more eggs into the bowl and added some milk. I whisked them and poured half of it into the pan and quickly made the scrambled eggs so that they wouldn't turn into an odd omelet. I scooped the scrambled eggs onto one of the plates and added some fresh strawberries.

"Breakfast is ready!" I called to Sora as I carried his plate to the table with the salt, pepper, sugar, and syrup. I then went back to the stove to cook my scrambled eggs.

By the time I sat down to eat, Sora was already dressed and practically ready for school. Except, there was one problem.

"Umm, Sora? Are you forgetting something?" I asked.

"Hmm? No, I don't think s- OHH! I'm so sorry Mina!!! I didn't mean to forget..." he apologized.

"Haha, it's ok. We all make mistakes, right?" I smiled and started to sprinkle sugar on my French Toast and scrambled eggs.

As I sprinkled the sugar on my eggs, Sora began to look at me like I was crazy.

"Uhh... You know that's sugar, right?" he asked when he came back from changing and he had his eyebrows raised.

"Yeah. I know. Let me explain... Whenever my mother made scrambled eggs for us to eat, she always sprinkled some sugar on them to make them taste sweeter. She always said that they're nowhere near sweet enough for her, and I agree. I mean, they taste alright with salt and pepper, but I think they're better with sugar. You should try it!" I explained.

"Well, if you like it, I suppose I'll try it," he said as he hesitantly reached for the sugar. Sora got a little bit of eggs on his fork and slowly got some sugar on it. As he took a bite, his eyes widened in delight. He immediately sprinkled more sugar on his eggs as he chewed.

"THIS IS AMAZING MINA!! Your mom is awesome..." he said before he dove back into his food.

*An hour later*

"So, where do you want to go this afternoon Mina?" Sora asked me as I was making the bentos we're going to eat for lunch.

Today is Sunday, and today, I'm going on a date with Sora! "Hmm... The amusement park would be nice I guess. Or a movie. But whatever we do, we're also going grocery shopping, we need food!" I said.

"That's for sure, I don't want to miss out on your extravagant cooking!!" he said as I blushed a little.

I finished making the bentos and put them in the fridge so they would stay cold for as long as possible after taking them out.

"How about we go to the Amusement Park? It's only about 10-15 minutes away if we take the train. Besides, I've never been to an amusement park since my dad left and all. My mom was always too busy with work. We could also get some souvenirs for Cana too!"

Sora's POV

As we got on the train, I noticed that it was very crowded. There were no seats left, so Mina and I had to hold onto one of the bars so we wouldn't fall over.

"Really crowded and loud, huh?" I asked.

"Yeah, hopefully we don't miss our stop," she said as the train finally started to get going.

"Well, it's the third stop, right?" I asked to make sure since I didn't want us to get lost.

"Yep!" she chirped as she let go of the bar so she could look at an email from someone.

The train hit a bump and Mina lost her balance and started falling towards the hard metal door. I leaped forward and had my back face the door so I could catch her. She fell softly onto my chest as she let out a soft grunt.

"Th-thanks Sora. You saved me yet again! I really owe you, huh?" she asked as she got back up and held onto the bar.

I went back to the bar as well, "Nah, it's alright, you don't have to owe me anything. Just being able to save you from harm makes me happy!" I said as I smiled a fake smile, baring through the pain in my back.

"Arriving at Tokyo Station. Arriving at Tokyo Station," I heard the announcer say.

"That's our stop, right Mina?" I asked.

"Yeah, it should be. This is the third stop," she said as we waited for the door to open.

We slowly weaved through the people and finally got to the exit.

"So, where do we go now?" I asked as I noticed Mina pulling out a map from her shorts' pocket.

"Umm, according to this map, we need to go straight for two streets and then hang a left. We hang a right at the very next street and we're there!" she exclaimed cheerfully.

*At entrance to park*

"So here we are, Sunshine Meadow Amusement Park!" I exclaimed. "Wait here and I'll go buy our tickets. You can start eating your lunch now if you want since it's already noon."

Mina's POV

I got both of our lunches out of the plastic bag and started eating mine.

After a few minutes, Sora came back and handed me my wristband I was required to wear in order to ride anything.

"Thank you. And here's your lunch," I said as I handed him his bento.

"Thanks."

We both ate in silence for a couple minutes. I finished the last of my rice and threw away the disposable bento box.

"So where do you want to go first?" Sora asked when I sat back down.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

So, yep! First date, yay!!

I just wanted to say that this coming Tuesday and Wednesday I probably won't publish a chapter because I have to go to a funeral for my great aunt on Wednesday. My uncle that lives in Maryland (I live in Texas) is coming to stay at my house those two nights. I probably won't publish because I'll be busy...

Anyone wanna be in my story? I honestly don't care, I need characters anyways. Comment name, gender, age, simple looks, and personality of you do.

~Sara

12/10/2015
Edited - 3/5/2016
Re-edited - 6/2/2016