Chapter 11. Our Quarrel

Mina's POV

'It's going to be Christmas Eve in three days and I still haven't gotten a tree!' I thought as I got home from shopping with Sora.

"Hey, do you know anyone with a car by any chance Sora?" I asked after we put all of the groceries away.

"Umm. No, I don't think I do. Why?" he replied curiously.

"Well, it's Christmas Eve in three days and we still don't have a tree. It's going to be a bit of a challenge to carry a seven-foot tall tree in my hands for two miles. So, I'll need a car," I explained with sigh.

"Oh, I see. Oooh!! Maybe you could ask Ms. Ta-" he started saying as he was interrupted by the doorbell.

I walked over to the door and opened to see Ms. Takeda standing there with a young girl hiding behind her legs.

"Oh, good afternoon Ms. Takeda. Please, come in!" I said as I smiled and waved them in.

"Thank you Mina-chan. I'm really sorry to ask you this so suddenly, but would you mind looking after my daughter, Sarah, for me until 8:00 pm? I have a business meeting to go to and I don't know who else to ask," Ms. Takeda explained desperately.

"Yeah, no problem!! Is that okay with you, Sora?" I asked him as I turned around to face him.

"Yes, I don't mind. Her name is Sarah, right?" he asked her.

"Yep, but she likes to go by Sahara. She's such a weird child!" she exclaimed as she ruffled Sahara's hair and smiled.

"Well, I gotta run! I have to fuel up on gas on the way too. For some reason the train doesn't go to where I need to be!" she sighed as she turned around and started walking back towards the wooden door.

"Wait! Umm, you have a car?" I asked anxiously.

"Yes, I have a mini van. Why do you ask?" Ms. Takeda asked me, she sounded quite confused.

"Well, as you can see, we still don't have a Christmas tree up. It would be quite the challenge to carry a seven-foot tall tree with only my hands for two miles!" I explained.

"Oh~. So you want me to drive you down to pick out a tree then?" she asked without much curiosity in her voice.

"Yes please! If you have time tomorrow, please stop by here so we can go!" I pleaded.

"Yeah, no problem!" she smiled and walked away. Her shoulder length ginger colored hair flowing behind her as she closed the door behind her.

Sora's POV

"So? What do you want to do Sahara-chan?" I asked as I crouched down so that I was eye level with her.

"Umm. D-do you have any anime?" she asked shyly.

"Umm. Mina, do you have any kid-friendly anime for us to watch?" I asked Mina.

"Well, I really don't have that many animes for younger children..." she said as she started to trail off.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about the age rating Mina-onee-san! My mom lets me watch Tokyo Ghoul and Shingeki no Kyojin. She even let me watch Parasite!" the last one Sahara said with a slight shiver.

A/N: I honestly don't know how to write "Onee-San". I just took a guess... And Shingeki no Kyojin is also know as Attack on Titan. Parasite is also know as Kiseijuu apparently. I haven't watched it though. I just know it's REALLY not for children... (Update: It doesn't really disgust me, but it's really quite disturbing... I don't get the plot either. I quit watching on like the third episode honestly xD -3/7/2016)