Epilogue

Song: Nothing by The Script

I wanted to give everyone a heads up that some parts will be what she's doing in past-tense but other parts will seem like it's being written far into the future. Like "back then..." or "that night..." and so on.

Mina's POV

It's been a year and half since Sora left for college. He promised that he would call or text or email. Or... do something. He had promised that he would visit as much as he could. The only thing is, is that he hasn't visited or contacted me in any way, shape, or form. No birthday present. No Christmas present. Nothing.

Right now, I'm seventeen years old and in my last year of high school. By now, I'm way over Sora. I just assumed that we broke up, even though I guess we ended on good terms. For all I know, Sora could have another girlfriend or he could be dead

I haven't heard a thing from him, so I don't know anything that's going on in his life. But it's not like I cared much about him anymore.

At least, that's what I told myself.

Right now, Isamu, Aiko, and I are putting the decorations on our Christmas tree.

Earlier that year, we had moved into a larger apartment. We now have two floors and four bedrooms. Two master bedrooms and two guest bedrooms. We have a full sized kitchen with an island, which we use as our dining table. We have a living room with a 60 inch TV and a couch that has eight seats. We also have a spare room in which I moved my otaku lair into.

You see, a few months after I turned 16, I got a job. Don't ask how I managed it, but I landed a job as a Game Designer. Well, I guess I'm more of the artist, but yeah. I draw specific things and proceed to color it. Then, I begin putting it in motion. And you wouldn't BELIEVE the pay! Along with my grandfather's $1000 a month, I get a total of $7195 every. Single. Month. Heheh... I guess you could say I hit the jackpot, huh?

"So Mina, do you think he's coming this Christmas?" Aiko-chan asked as she took out the streamer for the tree.

"Let's face it, he's never gonna come back. Tch. At least not until he graduates," I scowled.

"He promised that he would visit, I'm sure he'll come at least once. Don't you think, Isamu?" she replied.

"To be honest, I never really trusted him to begin with. He was too good to be true. Just, too perfect. He never took advantage of our royalty, he was too nice, never rude, he never snapped. Sora was the same from the beginning till the end," Isamu stated.

I couldn't take this anymore and snapped. "Y'know? Maybe that's just the kind of person that Sora is! He's probably just too busy visit!"

"What about calling? Or texting or emailing or Skype?" Isamu countered.

"Well, maybe he doesn't have good service down there?" I said in a questioning manner.

"In a college? Really? Both the professors and students practically live off of their cellphones!"

"Isamu, she's been depressed ever since Sora left, don't make her worse!" Aiko whispered to my brother, but I still faintly heard her voice.

We just continued to decorate the tree without much talking. Aiko would attempt to start a conversation, but neither Isamu nor I would answer.

My mind just traveled back to when Sora was here. Man, those days were the happy days.

People say I'm better off without him and that he was holding me back. I don't see how be could've held me back, but whatever. They were just trying to cheer me up.