Chapter 4. Meeting Cana

Mina's POV

As I was walking back to my classroom, I took a detour where not many people go. When I was walking, I heard a ruckus that sounded like guys yelling and a girl screaming. I needed to help. That's just the person I am, I help people that don't even know me or care about me.

I snuck around the corner where the ruckus was coming from. There, I saw Cana Kinoshita pinned up against the school building by Osamu Masuda and Rei Kusumoto. They were both yelling and kicking her. Cana was screaming in pain.

I stood behind the corner and watched for a few seconds. Then she saw me. I put my finger up to my lips, signaling her to be quiet and act like I wasn't there. I started creeping forward as quietly as I could.

Rei raised his fist, ready to punch when I was a couple of feet behind them. Again, I put my finger up to my lips signaling Cana to be quiet and nodded, telling her that I wouldn't let them hit her again.

As Rei started moving his fist backwards as far back as he could, I was a couple inches from him. When he flashed his fist forward, I dashed forward in front of Cana to protect her.

I got punched in the gut and started coughing up blood. I dropped to my knees, withering in pain.

"Haha, that's what you get for trying to help, Loser! Now... Time for you, little missy," he said, looking straight at Cana.

I was still shaking in pain, but I needed to save her! I got up back on my feet after a couple of seconds. I gave Rei the death stare. 'Man, if looks could kill!' I thought, ready for more brutal impact from his fist.

"Oh? You haven't had enough pain yet, have you?" Osamu said with a smirk.

'Oh crap. Osamu is on the freaking boxing team,' I sighed a soft, quiet sigh where no one could hear me. I just smiled a big, broad smile back at him. I showed him that I wasn't afraid of getting a little bloodied up if it meant saving someone.

"Wha-?" Rei said, but I interrupted him with a swift punch in the nose.

"Run, Cana! I can handle this, now go!! You've been hurt enou-" I was interrupted brutally by another punch in the guts. At least I heard quick, long strides running away from us. I knew it was Cana running away. I can't let them get past me now!

I dropped to my knees, withering in intense pain. But I quickly got back up to my feet, getting in my fighting stance. "I won't let you get past me, no matter what," I declared in a tough voice.

"Oh? Two against one, and you think you can beat both of us? Please, it's time to come back to reality, shrimp!" Osamu countered, obviously underestimating me.

'I took Tai Kwon Do and Karate for three years each and got a black belt in both. I should be fine! Right?' I thought to myself.

I swiftly kicked Osamu in the shin. But Rei punched me in the mouth as I did. 'How am I supposed to fight two guys? I mean, I took those classes like ten years ago!' I doubted I would ever win.

I got caught in a little blackout with Rei's punch and hit the ground on my knees. I heard foot steps coming from behind Osamu and Rei. 'Was it help? No, no one would ever dare to help me. That's probably why Cana left without a word.'

Rei and Osamu started both kicking me in the gut at the same time. I started coughing up more blood on the ground. They seemed inconspicuous of the man behind them.

"Oh, still awake, huh? Well not for long!" Rei said, chuckling.

"Yeah, not long for you!" the guy said who was walking up behind the two guys. He bonked them both in the head with a huge rock in each hand.

They both fell to the ground and I finally blacked out from so much pain and the loss of blood.

Time skip: two hours later

I woke up in the Nurse's office with bandages on my stomach. I could feel the bandages on my face and knees. I tried to get up, but I winced in pain from my stomach.

"Just stay lying down, don't worry, you're safe now. And all bandaged up too!" the man said.

"Tamaki Yoshino... Thank you, for saving me earlier." I forced a smile on my face, even though it hurt like hell.

"Yeah, no problem! By the way, what's your name? And how did you know mine?" he asked, sounding very curious.

"My name is Mina. Mina Yamanaka. Nice to meet ya! And I know everyone's name in the school. I guess it's the reward for being quiet? You get to hear all the gossip an stuff, y'know?"

"Haha, yeah, that's true I guess!"  Tamaki said with a smile. "You should probably get some rest. I'll be back at the end of the school day, alright?"

"Yeah, ok. I'm still feeling a bit drowsy anyways," I replied, already falling back asleep.

Sora's POV

It was my free period of the school day, so I decided stop by Mina's classroom to see if she wanted to hang out after school or something. I always felt a warm feeling when I'm around her. I wonder why?

I finally made it to her classroom and I knocked on the door. The class president opened the door.

"Hey Sora-senpai, what do you need?" he asked.

"Hi, umm, is Mina here?" I asked, I felt a bit awkward saying Mina's name, but I didn't know why either.

"Mina? No. She never came back after lunch break. I heard she got in a fight and went to the Nurse's office. Maybe she's there? Sorry."

"Oh, no, it's alright! I just hope she's okay," I said, walking back down the hall towards the Nurse's office.

'Who the heck did that girl get into a fight with? Well, whoever they are, they will not be forgiven for hurting my Mina!'

'Wait, what?? What do I mean by "my Mina"? She's just my friend, nothing more! It's not like I like her, right...? Is that what this warm feeling is in my heart when I'm with her? The awkwardness of saying her name? And my bursting anger of people hurting Mina?'

I finally reached the Nurse's office, but I couldn't bring myself to open the door. Why??

I was about to open the door, but it slid open without me even laying a finger on it. It made me jump back a little in surprise. But there was my best friend, Tamaki, in the threshold.

"Oh, hey Sora! I was just about to come find you and tell you that Mina-chan was in here resting. She's your friend, right?"

"Hmm? Oh, yeah! Thanks. She's my friend," I replied. Hearing Mina's name come out of another man's lips made me so furious at him! But, it also made me a bit... jealous?

'Oh crap, this really is love, isn't it? I'm... in love with Mina.'

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Heheh... Sara here! What do you think of Sora's revealed feelings? Do you think he'll confess to Mina and she'll feel the same, or will she need some convincing? Or, will Mina just flat out reject Sora?

Ummm... please tell me why Chapter 1 has less views than Chapter 2?Are some of you people skipping around chapters??? O_o

*Narrows eyes at you* shaaaame... *Shakes head in disappointment*

-Sara