Chapter 7. A New Friend

Mina's POV

We walked home together, just as we were before I confessed. The atmosphere seemed a little awkward, but I was happy that Sora-senpai accepted me for who I am.

We walked up the few treacherous flights of stairs up to the sixth floor. Then we stopped one apartment from mine.

"Is this far enough for me to take you Mina? Or, do you need help all the way to your home? I really don't mind!" he asked.

I smiled at him, "No, my apartment is just a few feet from here." I started to walk backwards to the door next to the one we were stopped at. "See? It's just right here! Thank you for taking me home Sora. But I'll be fine from here!"

"Woah, woah, woah! THAT is your home? Seriously?? That's amazing Mina!" Sora pointed at my apartment's door and smiled while sort of laughing to himself.

"Umm... Yay? W-why is it so amazing that I live here? Ohhh...." I suddenly caught on to what he was saying.

"Yep, I live here! We're neighbor's, Mina!" he was smiling as he walked towards me, leaning in for a hug.

I blushed a little bit as I lightly hugged him back. I was so happy. 'I'm neighbor's with the guy I like. And he'll definitely be snatched away from me if I date him. But my love will still grow for him. Wow, what great luck I have,' I thought sarcastically to myself.

"So you can just knock on the walls if you need anything. I'll come to your door if I hear your knock for help, alright Mina?"

He was smiling, so I couldn't help but smile back. Sora had the brightest, whitest, and most gorgeous smile I have ever seen in my life. "Yeah. I'll be sure to remember that if I need help Sora! Be sure to do the same if you need me for something!" I replied with a bright smile on my face.

"Yeah, you can count on it Mina!"

We said goodbye and walked into our apartment. 'Wait. How will I repay him for helping me??' I thought desperately as I closed the door behind me and took off my shoes.

Time skip: Before lunch next day

"Mina! Someone's here for you!" yelled the class president from the door.

'Is it Sora again? I thought we agreed before to always meet on the rooftop!' I pondered to myself as I walked over to the door.

Standing outside the door was a girl with long, wavy, dark brown hair. She was a bit taller than me and had brown eyes. I could see small scratches all over her body, except her face. But you could tell she tried to cover it up with makeup.

"Cana? What're you doing at my classroom? To top it off, looking for me!" I never expected Cana to come find me. I wondered what she wanted from me.

Cana smiled at me. "Well, I wanted to thank you for yesterday. Osamu and Rei were really bothering me, so thank you so much for helping me Mina!"

"Oh, it was nothing! No need to thank me. But since you're already here and it's time for lunch, do you want to go to the rooftop go eat lunch with me and Sora?" I asked, smiling back.

"Woah, wait! Did you say Sora?? Why would you eat with Sora-senpai on the roof?" Cana asked, she sounded overly curious, I mean, it's just Sora.

"Oh, we're just friends. He helped me out greatly when I first met him. I owe him my life. We just eat lunch together on the roof everyday. Then after school, we walk home together since we're actually neighbors in our apartment building," I explained.

Cana was completely stunned. She barely even blinked.

I laughed. "Want to come with me so I can introduce you to him, Cana?" I asked smiling.

"Y-yes please," she somehow mumbled out of her frozen mouth.

"Ok, let's go then!"

Sora's POV

I was already sitting in our usual corner when I saw Mina walking through the door with a girl following her. I was concerned at first, but then I realized that Mina was smiling.

"Hi Sora, I'd like to introduce you to the girl I helped yesterday during the fight." Mina moved out of the way a little and pointed at Cana. "This is Cana Kinoshita. I invited her to eat with us since when she came to my class, it was already lunch period."

"Hi Sora-senpai, it's nice to meet you!" she said as her face turned red and she smiled happily.

"Hello, Kinoshita-san. Nice to meet you too!" I replied as I waved and smiled back at her.

"Oh, please. Just call me Cana. There's no need for any formalities for me or anything."

"Alright, Cana. And you may call me Sora if you want," I didn't really want her to just call me 'Sora', that was only for Mina. But I was just being nice.

Mina's POV

Sora finished eating and left to go wash his hands, leaving Cana and I alone together.

"Soo..." Cana said, smirking a little, "is he your boyfriend, Mina-chan?"

I blushed, but not because of what she asked, but what she called me, it made me so happy!

"Wha?? I-I don't know! I mean, we each confessed, but I don't know if we're more than friends or not though. And m-may I call you Cana-chan?" I asked.

'I finally have a friend. A friend I can share secrets with. A friends I can just pour my heart out to. A friend who I can count on,' I was so happy, I felt like screaming. And I don't scream! Ever.

Cana snickered. "Yeah, of course you can! If Sora confessed to you as well, he probably wants you to be his girlfriend! Obviously! So, you walk home together right?"

"Umm, yeah. What about it?" I was confused. What did walking home together have to with anything?

"Well... When you walk home together later today, you can hold his hand and see what he does! Then you can solve all of your confusion!" she explained while smirking.

"Maybe I'll try that. Thanks, Cana-chan! See you here tomorrow?" I asked.

She smiled, "Count on it!"

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Umm... So yeah, I just wanna say it bluntly.

I have no idea whatsoever where this story is leading. -_-

I know it's the high school love life between Mina an Sora, but idk where it's really leading...

But I will say two things!

1) There will be a hot female transfer student from America sooner or later that will be in Mina's class. She tries to break their relationship apart. But why, and how?? Update: she's gonna come in the sequel - 6/2/2016

2) The next chapter will be filled with awesomeness!! Unless our definition of "awesome" is different. It will hopefully have lots of moments between the two. *smirks evilly*

~Sara XOXO

11/26/2015
Edited - 2/27/2016
Re-edited - 6/2/2016