Chapter 24. Secret's Out

A/N: The picture above is indeed Mina Yamanaka!!! She's my OC btw. The only part I used a pic was when I drew the top of the uniform. My awesome friend Alexa, or Lemonmints2002 , helped on the uniform colors. GO FOLLOW HER AND READ HER BOOK, SHE MAY BE A TAD CRAZY BUT SHES AWESOME!! :) Also, I just wanted to say that Sora and Mina are back home in the chapter.

Sora's POV

I woke up to the sound of glass breaking. I looked at the clock and it read 2:37am.

"Where are youuu? You can't hide forever y'know," I heard the voice say. Then I heard footsteps slowly coming up the stairs and stopped in front of my room.

I quickly hid my whole body under the covers of my bed just as light flooded into my bedroom.

"Oh, asleep are you? Well, sorry to disturb your beauty sleep Princess," my father growled.

He ripped off the covers, but I still didn't move. I was frozen in place.

"Hey. Get the hell up you trash."

I quickly got up and ran over to my window, trying to open it so I could jump out and climb the tree. Before I could open it, I felt a powerful hand crash down onto my shoulder. I tried not to scream out in pain.

"Running away, are we? So you're both trash AND a worthless coward..." Dad turned me around and held me up against the half open window. The cold winter air brushed against my bare back.

"Tch. You should know better than to try running away from your father you know," he pushed me against the thin glass window so powerfully it cracked the glass. My father suddenly cracked up with booming laughter that nearly shook the entire house.

He let go of me when he looked down and saw tears slowly forming in my swollen eyes. I immediately flailed my arms out as I fell head first, trying to grab something. Anything. Before I could fall three feet down, he reached down and grabbed my foot painfully.

I winced in pain.

"Hey Makoto? What are you doing? I heard a crash. Is everything o- AHHH!!" my mother came in and stopped at the doorway when she saw me dangling out the window. "M-Makoto... W-wha-what're you doing to S-Sora?" I heard her voice trembling as she spoke softly.

Madeline, my mother, had no idea about her husband's tendency to abuse his youngest children: Tsubaki and I. She's always assumed that we were bullied at school.

"M-Madeline! I-I uhh..." Makoto, my dad, stammered in an alarmed voice as my mom came in. He quickly brought me up into the room with a quick stroke of his arm. (Uhh... That didn't make sense did it? I couldn't think of the correct word here... I mean Makoto did this in like one quick move. You know how there's like one piece of pizza left and someone else is about done with their piece? You try to quickly grab that last piece you two are eyeing before the other one, kinda like that I suppose).

When he did this, he also popped my leg right out of its socket. My eyes bulged and I screamed in pain as my father set me down on the floor gently since Madeline was present.

"Sora!!!" Mom screamed and I blacked out.

I jumped up from the couch in the game room in a cold sweat. I looked around me and saw that Hisahito wasn't sleeping on his futon anymore. I glanced at the clock and it read 6:42.

'Just a dream...' I thought, my heart was still beating fast and I was breathing heavily.

"Sora?" light flooded into the dark room and I looked up at the doorway. There she was. The love of my life, Mina. "Are you ok? Your cheeks are flushed."