Chapter 6. Her Reply

Mina's POV

Sora-senpai came into the Nurse's office with both of our bags in his hands just before the final bell rang. We waited in the room for a few minutes so that there would be time for the halls to clear. It would be a lot easier for an injured person to walk if there aren't 100+ people in their way.

After the halls were mostly cleared, we made our way to the shoe lockers where we both had to change our shoes. We changed into our outdoor shoes and started walking to our apartment building.

"So there are 11 floors in the apartment building, which do you live on?" Sora-senpai asked me. I was walking with my left arm around his neck because I somehow ended up spraining my left ankle in the action.

"I live on the sixth floor, what about you, Sora-senpai?"

'Please say the sixth floor! ...Wait, what? Why would I care??' I thought, quite confused with myself.

"Really? Wow! I also live on the sixth floor! Oh, and you can just call me Sora by the way. No need for any honorifics."

"O-oh, that's cool! I didn't even know we lived on the same floor, S-sora," I smiled. I tried to hide my happiness, but I had a feeling I was noticeably overflowing with joy because Sora just looked at me and smiled.

"W-what?" I blushed a little as I looked at his face. His sparkling brown eyes shined down on me.

'Wow, he's so breathtakingly gorgeous when he's smiling! Woah woah woah! WHAT did I just think? What's wrong with me today? What's this fluttery feeling?' I thought something was seriously wrong with me by my thoughts I've been having about Sora recently.

He just laughed and smiled a little wider. "Nothing, it's just that I didn't really think you'd call me by just my name right away! It made me happy."

I was surprised, but it made me happy to see him smiling. 'Seriously, what is this feeling?' I thought to myself. I feel such a happy and fluttery feeling in my heart that I've never felt before.

"Mina?" he sounded serious again.

"Yeah Sora?" I asked.

Sora took my arm off of his shoulder and turned around so he could look me in the eyes.

"W-what is it Sora?" I asked, staring at the ground, away from his eyes. I was blushing, he was so close that I could feel his faint, warm breath on my face. It didn't bother me at all. It made a little happy.

"I need to know, Mina. What's your answer?" He now sounded both desperate and serious. But I had no idea what he was asking.

"You need to know what exactly...?" I was really confused now.

"I need to know if you... If you l-love me. I love you with all of my heart. And, I need to know if you feel the same. It was a dream come true that I was able to save you from jumping and falling the other day. Your beautiful long blond hair, your amazing blue eyes, I love them. I know you're an otaku, but I don't care. You may be unpopular, but I don't care. I love you for who you are, and nothing more. That will never change. It was almost love at first sight," he said, his voice wasn't cracking a bit. This boy was dead serious.

My hands were covering my nose and mouth, forming a bit of a pyramid on my face as I blushed madly. Tears were rolling down my cheeks and flowing down my bare arms and dropped at my elbows as I looked down at the ground.

'H-how? How could Sora, who was practically royalty, love me? I'm just a piece of dirt compared to him!' I couldn't bare to look up at him. I can't even bring myself to speak, or do anything really.

I had my school bag in my right hand and made a run for it. My bruised knees were killing me more and more with each pounding step, but I didn't care. I know that I'm abandoning him, but I can't help it, I don't know what to say, so suddenly.

I ran ahead, leaving my tears to trail behind me.

Sora's POV

I just stood there staring at her run off. I didn't try to stop her, I was too stunned. Plus, I kind of understood her pain.

Time skip, about ten mins later

"Damnit!" I said to myself. I pounded my fist against the brick wall that was on the right side of the sidewalk. I turned my back to it and slowly slid down, until I was eventually sitting down on the hot cement.

"I screwed up, huh? Such a horrible mistake... It was way too early, huh?" I asked myself in a mutter with my eyes closed.

"No, you didn't screw up, don't worry. I was just too stunned," I looked up immediately, and there she was. Mina. She was standing there, still with tears rolling down her soft, pale cheeks.

She stepped a bit closer and sat down against the brick wall, I didn't say a thing, I just sat there watching her.

'Why did she come back to me? Didn't I hurt her? Wasn't she just crying?' I though to myself. I was incredibly confused.

Before I could start saying anything, she sat down and she started talking.

"I'm sorry for running off, Sora. I was just so stunned. When you confessed earlier, I didn't really think that highly of it. But just now? It meant so much to me. I was so embarrassed, I couldn't even speak or look up at you. That's why I ran off. I'm sorry, Sora," she looked at me, still with tears in her eyes and smiling. It wasn't a happy smile, it was more of a smile begging for forgiveness.

"Don't worry about it Mina, it's alright. I know it was sudden. It was prob-" I was cut off.

"I love you, Sora! I've loved you for so long now. Back then, I didn't jump when I heard your voice because it was your voice. I didn't want you - the person I've loved for so long - to see me die! And now, I started loving you more and more each second I spend with you!" Mina was looking at me straight in the eyes. Even more tears were  rolling down her face and dripping at her chin as her cheeks turned tomato red.

I smiled at her. I was so happy that she felt the same! I reached my hand up and wiped the tears off of her soft, warm cheeks.

"Let's go home, ok?" I asked her.

"Yeah!" she blushed and had a broad smile placed on her face.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Whew! That's a small, very very small, weight off of my shoulders after writing this! I think I've got an awes-

Darnit. I just got the most awesome idea on how I could have ended this chapter. GOSH DARNIT BRAIN!! WHY COULDN'T YOU THINK OF THIS 20 MINUTES AGO??? Oh well, I'll just have to squeeze it in later. Meh, it'll be better later anyways!

Anyways, as I was saying before my mind had the MOST AWESOME IDEA THAT I'VE HAD IN YEARS, I think I've got an awesome idea on what will happen in this next chapter! *evil smirk* I think it may be time for the parents to be revealed and for some jealousy! If I don't forget that is... Update: I did - 5/30/2016

Btw, I just wanted to say that I MIGHT not update tomorrow (11/24/2015) because my family and I have to go pick up my sis from college that is like four hours away. So I might be a bit tired and won't be able to update. Same with on Thanksgiving, it's not like I'm doing anything, but I still may be tired... Idk. I might still update both nights.

~Sara XOXO

11/23/2015
Edited - 2/27/2016
Re-edited - 5/30/2016