Chapter 27

A/N: If you haven't voted yet, please tell me if you think this should be the next cover for Mina or not!! It wouldn't mean a great deal to me...

Mina's POV

It's been almost a week since I left and came back home. My grandfather has been training me nearly all day and night to become a fairly okay empress.

I've even met some princes from other castles. Gramps is trying to find me someone to marry, but it's not working quite so well... I keep rejecting each and every one of them. It doesn't matter how perfect they may be, they're not Sora.

I laid in my bed silently, staring at the ceiling. I wondered how Sora was doing. Was he searching for me? Was he worried? Did he even care that I was gone?

Tomorrow is Sahara-chan's softball game. I need to be there for her and Mikasa-chan and Gracie-chan! I left one ticket on the table at home, hopefully Sora got it...

I closed my eyes and let out an exasperated sigh that I've been holding in all week. I pulled the blankets closer and sleep washed over my tired body in no time.

Sora's POV

I can't believe I let her go... It's all my fault! If I hadn't told her to get out of my life, our relationship wouldn't be in shambles. I haven't gone to school since she left. Cana came by everyday to check up on me, but I never answered the door. I've been miserable since she left one week ago.

I guess Passenger was right by, "You only love her when you let her go."

Mina left on Friday. April 15, 2016 - her 16th birthday. I still have her present in my suit's pocket. I had the whole night planned, all the way until midnight. I would've made it the best night of her life. But, I just had to go ruin everything!

I looked at the small white softball ticket sitting on the table. I noticed it once I got home after looking for Mina all over town. I'm not sure who's game it is, but she might be there. Maybe we can talk.

Although I know it's highly unlikely she'll be there, I can't give up hope. I know where Mina went. She went to the castle again to finally fulfill her grandfather's wish to become empress of Japan. What hurts me most is that she said she wouldn't become empress unless I became the emperor. She's moved on from me. I know it.

Tomorrow

Mina's POV

I got up at 5am and took the helicopter back home. I landed it on top of the apartment building around 11am.

I still had my blond hair and regular Mina makeup on, but I wore a hat that shielded my bright hair from sight. I wore a short, flowing white dress that came to maybe three inches above my knees. I also wore matching white wedges.

 I also wore matching white wedges