Chapter 5. Confession

Sora's POV

I walked into the Nurse's office and saw Mina looking out the window at the Sakura trees in full bloom. We were on the second floor, so we could see the tops of the gorgeous light pink trees.

Mina looked over at me and smiled. "Oh, hi Sora-senpai. Aren't these trees just beautiful?" she asked in a cheery voice.

'Not at beautiful as you...' I thought. When she looked at me with the most gorgeous smile I have ever seen, I blushed and turned away a little. I didn't realize how beautiful she was until now. I wonder if she has the same feelings as I do towards her?

"Yeah, I wish they would last longer though. But it makes the school grounds look amazing after the blossoms fall, don't they?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's true! They don't last very long at all..." she replied, trailing off a little.

I walked over to the chair by her bed and sat down. It was warm. I could tell that Tamaki was sitting here for quite a while. I suddenly got so enraged at him. Was it jealousy maybe?

"Hey, are you alright Mina? You look a bit beat up!" I asked, quite concerned.

"Ah, umm... Y-yeah. I'm alright. My stomach might be a bit sore tomorrow though. But that's alright, as long as she's safe," Mina said with a smile.

Mina's POV

That was a lie. I wasn't ok. I wasn't ok at all. The truth is, I'm practically dying inside because of so much pain. I didn't want Sora-senpai to worry, so I forced myself to smile. It's how I grew up after all: to be strong no matter what.

"Mina?" he asked.

"Yeah, Sora-senpai?" I turned to look at him with a small smile plastered on my face. But my smile suddenly turned into a scared look. His face was so serious. It was so deeply serious, it scared me. How, and why, could it be that serious? "W-what is it? You're scaring me."

"I'm scaring you? Think of how I felt when I heard you got into a fight alone!" His serious face immediately turned into a hurt expression as soon as the words slipped out of my mouth.

"Y-you're right Sora-senpai, I'm sorry. But why would you be scared? It's none of your business!" I was sorry, I didn't mean to hurt him. But I didn't understand why he would be scared if I got into a fight. I mean, we're friends and all, but still!

"B-because I, because..." he started blushing and we lost eye contact when he gazed down at the tiled floor. "Because, I... I love you," he whispered. It was so quiet that a dog could barely hear his words if it was standing right by Sora's face. But I heard them loud and clear.

"W-what? You l-love me? Me? Of all people?" my voice started cracking as tears started rolling down my face in streams, slowly making a wet spot on the blanket from dripping tears. I felt like screaming with joy.

When he heard my voice start to crack, he gazed up at me, blushing madly. 'He's so cute when he's blushing...' I thought.

His eyes widened as far as I've ever seen them. "I-I'm sorry, I-I don't know what I was thinking, I-I'll just go home now. The last bell of the day is going to ring soon. Umm... See you tomorrow I guess." He got up and started walking out the door. Halfway out the door, he stopped and looked back at me. His serious face returned, "Who did this to you? I heard it was two seniors."

"Eh? Uhh, w-why do you want to know?" I asked, I didn't want them to get hurt even more. Even if they beat me up, I didn't want them to get hurt any more than they already have been.

"Because. You didn't deserve to be hurt like this Mina! Someone said that they barely had a scratch on them! They should pay!" he said, nearly yelling. He was mad.

"What? No! Please, don't hurt them! Yes, they may have beat me up and I was barely able to lay a finger on them, but I still don't think they should be hurt any more than they already are. I mean, they were each banged in the head by a rock, and I punched one of the guys in the guts. But still... Please Sora-senpai! That's why, I won't tell you their names!"

Sora's POV

I was shocked, I didn't think Mina would say that.

I sighed, "Yeah, yeah, alright. I won't hurt them. I'm going home." I was still mad, but I decided to give it up since she seemed to not want them hurt so badly.

I turned my back and took a step when I heard her sweet voice.

"W-wait, Sora-senpai?" she sounded a bit desperate.

I turned around to face her once again, "Hmm? What is it, Mina?"

"Umm... Well, my knees sorta hurt when I bend them because I guess they were scraped earlier. So, umm, I was kind of wondering if you could walk me to my apartment? Err, since we live in the same building anyways."

I smiled and laughed a little, "Yeah, why not? Will you be ready to go when the bell rings in a few minutes?" I was a little happy now.

"Yeah, but, I was wondering, would you happen to be able to grab my bags from my classroom?" She had a side smile that showed her beautiful, straight, white teeth.

"Yeah, I'll be back in a few minutes, alright?" I turned around and headed towards her class to get her stuff.

'Is she really not fazed by my confession?' I thought.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Heheheh... I just got an amazing idea for after Mina recovers from her injuries. Heheh... Mina's mother's character will be revealed a little too.

So? What'd you think of Sora's confession? I know, I know, not a WHOLE lot happened, but at least Sora confessed, right?? I know, I know, you probably wish that Mina said who the two guys were so that Sora's true strength could be revealed, right? Well, that ain't gonna happen. Sorry folks!

IT'S THANKSGIVING BREAK WOOHOO!!! HOW HAS YOUR BREAK BEEN GOING SO FAR EHH? I'M SO HAPPY BECAUSE ON TUESDAY I GET TO GO TO AN ANIME STORE THAT'S NEAR MY SISTER'S COLLEGE!

~Sara :)

11/22/2015
Edited - 2/26/2016
Re-edited - 5/30/2016