Chapter 8. Roomates??

Mina's POV

Bring! Bring! Bring!

The final bell of the day sounded and I made my way to the front entrance of the school to meet Sora. We always meet up at the front entrance at the end of the day so we can walk back home together.

"Hi Sora!" I exclaimed as I got closer to him.

"Hey Mina. So, how was your day?" he asked while smiling at me.

"Well, you know that girl I helped before with the fight? Well she's my friend now and she's super nice! Maybe you two can talk more sometime," I was so happy I had another friend that I could talk to at school.

"Yeah, Cana's first impression is really good. She's so nice, I can't wait to get to know her better!" he replied.

We walked home together and chatted a bit until I realized there weren't any people around us anymore. I gazed down at Sora's free hand to my left.

'Should I grab it and see what he does? But, what if he jerks away from me? That'll just be sad... But, what if he doesn't?' I thought, pondering to myself furiously.

I made my decision to do it. I slowly reached out my hand to his. I gently grabbed it and he jolted.

"Wha??" he said as he turned to look at me. His eyes were as big as saucers.

"I-I'm sorry Sora," I said, looking away and pulling my hand back. I reached my hand up to block my blush from his sight. I felt like I was about to cry.

'Why did I have to do that?? Worst mistake I've ever made,' I thought, nearly crying. I started walking a bit faster.

"N-no! Wait, Mina! I'm sorry, that just really surprised me! I really didn't expect you to do that. I'm sorry..." his voice started trailing off.

I could tell that he was truly sorry, but I didn't want to face him. I kept on walking.

"Wait, please, look at me, Mina," he spoke quietly.

I couldn't. I couldn't face him, so I just stopped. He walked up and stopped in front of me as I looked down at my feet.

"Hey, what's wrong? Why won't you look at me? I'm sorry, ok?" he spoke to me in a gentle voice.

I finally looked up at him after a few seconds. Tears were rolling down my cheeks.

"Hey now, don't cry!" he said frantically as he wiped my tears away with his thumb. He wiped all of my tears away and wrapped his arms around me to pull me into a tight hug. "I'm sorry, there's no need to cry. I didn't mean to pull away from you, you just startled me."

We stayed in the tight, yet comfortable, hug for a few more seconds. I even wrapped my own arms around him. I rested my head in the crook of his neck. But, he didn't care, even though tears still came falling down. I wasn't mad anymore, but happy. I was happy it was just a mistake.

"Let's go back, alright?" I asked. My tears finally began to die down a bit.

"Yeah," he replied as he pulled away from the hug. He held out his hand for me to grab. So, I smiled and I took his hand.

Sora's POV

*At Mina's apartment*

"Well, see you tomorrow Mina? I'll meet you downstairs at 8:15, like usual," I said as I searched my pocket for my house key.

"Yeah, I'll see you then! Bye Sora!" Mina smiled and replied.

'What a gentle and beautiful smile...' I thought.

"Bye!" I smiled back and unlocked the door.

I walked inside my apartment and took off my shoes and set my stuff down. I looked over at the digital clock that read 5:37.