Chapter 21. Test

Above is the painting Mina paints in her room. (You'll see what I mean later on).

Mina's POV

I took my foot away from his chin and stood normally.

"Let's go," I said to Sora and we walked out of the movie theater like a boss before the security could kick us out and ban us forever.

Aiko's POV, next morning

"So how was your first day at school yesterday?" Mina asked Isamu and I at the table as she served us pancakes and fruit.

I shared a nervous glance with Isamu. 'Should we tell her?' I asked telepathically.

Now, you see, Isamu and I have a special bond. We can umm... Send each other telepathic messages as long as we can see each other in person.

'No, I don't think so. We can't risk it,' he said.

"It was fine sis. More importantly, how was your date?" I asked with a smirk.

"Heh, it was awesome!" Mina said with a determined-like pose, "I even got to kind of beat up my ex! It was awesome."

I stared at her with a dumbfounded founded look. I expected to see my sister blush for the first time in ages, but nah. All she does is strike a determined pose with her left hand on her hip and her right hand clenched and brought up near her chest.

"Well... that sounds, umm. Interesting..." I wasn't quite sure what to say to that. Isn't beating people up bad?

"If you two don't leave soon, you'll be late y'know," Sora pointed out as he sat down at the table with a plate of food in his hands.

I glanced at the digital clock on the counter and it read 7:55.

'Dangit! We're gonna seriously be late for our second day!! We better leave now, it takes 20 minutes to walk. Bring your roller blades too,' I mentally told Isamu.

He nodded and we both got up to quickly get our stuff ready. At 7:58 we were out the door and sprinting down the many flights of stairs. We got to the bottom and Isamu slipped on his roller blades. I didn't bring mine because I prefer to run or jog. I've always been a very fast runner and it has always been my dream to be an Olympic runner.

Sora's POV

"Hey, I never told you yesterday that your grandfather wants to see you this weekend," I told Mina after the two left.

She dropped her the fork she was holding as soon as she processed my words.

"M-my grandfather?" She stuttered. Mina looked at me wide-eyed and a scared expression.

"Yeah, is something wrong...? I'm pretty sure it's important."

"Umm. No," Mina replied after a few seconds. I could tell she was obviously lying to me, but I didn't want to pry.

Mina's POV

'Oh no... I'm not supposed to be dating "peasants" like Sora... What am I gonna doooo??' I thought. I felt like crying. Why did I have to be born a princess?? Not to mention, the HEIR TO THE THRONE???

Next weekend

"The helicopter should be here any second now," Aiko announced. Just then, we could all hear the private helicopter flying towards us.

Sora, Aiko, Isamu, and I have all apparently been summoned to the castle by my grandfather who is posing as the temporary ruler of Japan. I'm supposed to take over, but can I really rule a country properly at the age of 15?