Chapter 25.

A/N: The picture above is my friend, Lemonmints2002 's version of Mina! She did an amazing job, didn't she? :) Way better than mine if you ask me!! :)

Sora's POV

I woke up in a comfortable bed located in a dark room. I felt bandages almost everywhere. I looked around and noticed that it's the school's nurse's office. There, at the edge of my bed, Mina rested her head peacefully as she slept.

I tried to remember what happened, but all I could remember was my father confronting me at the back of the school. Then, he started painfully punching and kicking me all over my body.

Right before I blacked out, I heard a loud and heavy thud. I figured it was my father since I no longer felt any more punches or kicks. Then, I fell into warm arms and everything turned into lonely darkness.

'Was Mina the one who saved me?' I thought.

I switched my gaze from her beautiful face to the window in the corner of the room. It was dark outside and I could see a glimpse of the bright white moon slowly rising.

'How long was I out? I suppose we better get home.'

"Mina~" I called out. I tried to lean over, but it hurt to move too much and she was way out of my reach.

No response.

"Hey, Mina~" I called out to her a little louder this time.

Still, no response.

I smirked, "There's a new episode of Fairy Tail 2014 out and I hear there's a major NaLu (Natsu + Lucy) moment. Better wake up so you can watch the new anime episode!"

Finally, she moved. "Huh? What? Fairy Tail? NaLu? Anime?!" she asked as she looked around the room.

I chuckled at her response, "Sorry Mina, no new episode quite yet!"

"Oh, hey. You're finally up," she said groggily.

"Haha, yeah. We should get home, what time is it?"

Mina pulled her iPhone out of her pocket and clicked the home button. "8:39. You've been out cold for almost four hours already. Are you feeling better?"

"Ehhh... I'm alright. I guess I can walk," I replied and slowly and painfully lifted the light blanket off of me. I finally stood up, but I almost fell over back onto the bed. Mina rushed around the bed and put her arm around my stomach to keep me on my feet. I slung my arm around her shoulders.

We slowly made our way through the maze of halls and out the door in silence.

"Hey, Mina?" I hesitantly asked as we made our way home at a snail's pace.

"Yeah?"

"Umm. Were you the one who made... That man... Fall to the ground earlier?" I looked down at her and saw a smirk play its way onto her lips.

"Well of course! I can't let anyone beat up my precious boyfriend, now can I? Even if it means that I have to beat up his father..."

"Wha? H-how did you know?" I wondered. 'I never told her, did I?!'

"He told me after I drop kicked him in the head," Mina retorted bluntly.

I lifted my arm from around her neck and stepped out of her grasp. I walked in front of her and held her shoulders.

"Did he hurt you at all?" I asked as I looked over her body. (Not in a weird way... Just searching for like cuts or bruises, y'know?)

"Not at all!" she replied with yet another smirk.