Chapter 22. Importance

Mina's POV

Because there was so much poison in those jars of paint, it couldn't all clear by nightfall. I've apparently been relocated to another room. Aka: Sora's.

After all that's happened, I couldn't sleep that night. I snuck outside through my window, even thought it's on the second floor. I walked around to our little outside supply closet and grabbed a ladder. It was a clear night, so I decided to do some star gazing. I haven't been able to see the stars clearly since I live in a bigger city. Back here at the castle, this is like in the middle of no where. There are almost no buildings near it.

Even after all of this information that I've garnered earlier today, my grandfather wants to talk to both Sora and I in the morning.

"What does that guy want with me anyways?" I muttered as I was reaching the last step on the ladder to the roof.

"What does who want?" I heard a voice ask and I nearly fell off of the ladder.

"Hisahito!!!" I nearly shouted.

He laughed, "Sorry, did I startle you, sis?"

"Well yeah!! I didn't see another ladder, so I didn't expect another person to be here!!" I explained.

I plumped down on the shingles right beside him and laid down on my back, using my hands as a pillow.

"Sorry about that. So what brings you here?" he asked as he leaned back as well.

I sighed, "Just to think stuff over under the stars. Y'know what I can't believe?"

"Hmm?"

"Grandpa has been poisoning me -without me knowing- since I was three years old! Ugh, who does that to the future empress? Apparently, today's poison could've easily killed me!"

"What??? That's horrible!!!" Hisahito exclaimed, "How are they giving you the poison?"

"I'm not sure actually. But today they poisoned paint that's like seriously 10 years old. Now they're probably gonna do something with my masterpiece that I painted earlier with the poisoned paint," I said with annoyance.

"Wow, that sucks."

"Yeah."

We stayed quiet for a while when I close my eyes and finally fall into a deep sleep.

Sora's POV

I looked up from my desk to see Isamu panting and sweating with Mina in his arms. Her eyes were closed and she looked limp, so I can tell that she's asleep.

"What happened?" I asked him in a whisper.

He smiled as he looked down at her gorgeous sleeping face, "We were on the roof and she fell asleep," Isamu whispered back.

I chuckled softly as he gently set her on the bed that Mina and I are sharing.

"Thanks," I whisper to him as he walked out and he just does a loose peace sign with his hand.

I look at the digital clock on the nightstand and see that it's already 11:38.

'Better get to sleep...' I think to myself as I change into my PJ's and go under the covers with Mina. I pull her closer to me when I realize that her skin is freezing cold.

Mina's POV

I woke up in a bed resting on a nice, warm pillow. I snuggle closer to try and get warmer.

Wait.

Since when do pillows have hair? And since when do pillows breath??

I bolt up from my sleeping position to find that it wasn't a pillow at all. It was Sora. I stare down at him in his thin white T-shirt on and his six pack of abs show through faintly.