Chapter 10. First Date

Mina's POV

"I'm not really sure. I've never really been to the amusement park before. Where do you want to go?" I asked.

"Well, ever since this park opened, I've always wanted to try each and every roller coaster this place has. How does that sound?" he replied, his voice was filled with excitement.

"E-every one? Isn't that a little much or one day...?" I asked quite startled.

"Well, they only have nine roller coasters. But, there is this brand new one where it's apparently rated expert level," he said with a wild grin.

"O-oh. Wow. I guess that's alright with me," I tried my best to hide the fact that I was more scared than I ever was in my life.

"Alright, so do you want to try the less scary one first or most scary?" Sora asked while still having his crazy grin plastered on his face.

"Well, I guess we should go on the expert level one first so we can get it over with!" I replied with a nervous laugh.

"Alright, let's go then!" he said as he grabbed my hand and tugged me along towards the ride.

Sora's POV

Since the park had only opened a half hour ago, none of the lines were that long yet. Mina and I only had to stand in line for 15 minutes to get on our first roller coaster. But, the wait time just got longer from there.

"Hey, I think we'll skip this one if it's fine with you Mina," I said as we approached the short line of the last roller coaster.

"H-huh? But we've made it this far! I thought you wanted to ride them all...? C'mon, this one doesn't look too bad!" she replied in a cheery voice, but I could tell she was about to be sick.

"No way, not when you look like you're going to be sick the second we start going. Your face is so pale!" I exclaimed as I gently caressed her pale cheek.

"What? I-I'm fine! We can do this last one, I don't want to ruin your plan!" she cried, but she sounds happier. But, I know she's been forcing herself this whole entire time.

"No way! You're in no shape for this. I can tell you've been pushing yourself this whole time. You've been scared ever since I mentioned roller coasters, haven't you?" I asked her as I pulled her into a hug.

"What? No... Maybe. Yes! Yeah, maybe I am scared, ever since I was four years old. But you looked so passionate about it and you've done so much for me, I wanted to pay you back a little bit. You looked so happy, I didn't want to be the one to bring you down..." Mina said as she was still shaking, but the color was slowly returning to her face.

"Baka! I'm happy as long as I'm with you! It doesn't matter what we're doing as long as I'm side by side with you!" I said while I hugged her small frame a little tighter.

"Yeah, me too..." she said after she loosely hugged me back.

Mina's POV

"So, do you want to go and look at the souvenir shops now?" I asked when he released me from the hug.

"Yeah, sure. We can get a gift for Cana and the apartment manager. She has a daughter, right? We can get something for her too," Sora said and he took my hand again and led me to the shops as we were walking side by side.

"Yeah. I heard the manager's daughter loves anime. And Cana loves to draw. The manager said she likes Harley's motorcycles because that was the vehicle her husband had before he passed away from cancer a couple months after their daughter, Sahara, was born. She used to be in a gang, y'know?" I explained.