Chapter 15. Please Don't Leave Me!

Mina's POV

"So, how far have you gotten in your relationship with Sora-kun?" Cana-chan asked me during lunch.

Sora has some student council work to do during lunch, so he couldn't join Cana-chan and I on the roof today.

"Oh well... We actually haven't gotten that far in our relationship. We only kiss or hug really... We are living together though," I said.

"I see..." she noted.

I was confused. Is she plotting something?

"Well, the bell is about to ring, I'm going to go back now. My classroom is on the other side of the building after all!" Cana-chan said with a sigh. She threw her trash away and went down the stairs.

Since she asked about my relationship with Sora, I was curios. I quickly finished eating my bento and followed her. I had to sprint down the stairs, but I finally caught sight of her. She seemed to be looking for someone.

I started to get worried. Cana-chan is heading straight towards the student council room.

'What is she planning??' I thought desperately, 'Is she going to take advantage of our relationship since it hasn't gotten very far? Will she betray me?' tears started forming in my eyes. Just the thought of my best friend betraying me made me so depressed. Or, my only friend... I feel as if I'm entering a state of depression again. Just like before I met Sora.

She turned a corner. The last turn before the student council room. I hid by the corner so that I wouldn't get caught.

"Hi, can I see Sora-kun please?" she asked after she slid open the door.

My heart skipped a beat when she said his name, 'Is she going to try and steal my boyfriend?'

"Yeah, sure. Hold on," the person who answered the door turned around. "Sora! Some girl wants to see you!" he said.

"Oh, hey Cana-san. What can I do for you?" he asked with a smile. I'm in the perfect spot, so I can see everything.

"Umm... Well. How do I say this?" she muttered.

'How about not at all?' I thought to myself as I rolled my eyes dramatically.

Sora looked at her, he looked quite alarmed.

Sora's POV

'Where's this girl getting at? Just spit it out already... Geez.' I thought suspiciously.

"Here's the thing. Ever since I saw you, I've been in love. I'm not popular, but neither is Mina. I'm kind, like Mina. I'm-" she was going on and on, so I interrupted her mid-sentence.

"So, what you're saying is that you want to date me?" I said with a fake smile. I glanced over to the corner and noticed a lock of bright blond hair.

"Yeah."

"Sure," I said.

"Seriously, you'd date me?" she looked surprised.

"Yeah, if you were actually kind and if I never met Mina. Or if I was like a man-whore," I replied coldly, but muttered the second sentence.

Cana was speechless for a moment, "W-what do you mean? H-how am I not kind?"

"Please. If you were kind, you wouldn't have became Mina's friend just to get close to me. You had this all planned out from the start, didn't you? Ever since that fight," I suspected.

"It's true. But that just shows how far I will go for you, right?" she tried to defend herself.

'You're failing miserably, girl,' I thought with an overly-annoyed tone.