Chapter 23. Confessions

A/N: If you saw that I just updated this, it was me adding the song above because I forgot. (Today, 2/23/2016)

Mina's POV

"Well I guess I'll go find Sora and tell him we can leave whenever since everything is packed," I muttered to myself as I zipped up the suitcase.

Sora and I decided that we would leave as soon as possible because we didn't want to be near my gramps any longer than we have to. We have enough grudges against him already.

I walked out the door and went down the hall and knocked on the closed bathroom door. I waited a few seconds and no one answered.

'Kitchen maybe?' I thought.

I walked to the kitchen and he wasn't there either.

'Is he in Hisahito and Kako's room?'

I started walking up the stairs to their room and knocked. Kako answered the door with a smile.

"Hey sis. What's up?" she asked.

"Hey. Have you seen Sora around anywhere?"

"Oh, he was here a little while ago but one of the maids came and brought him to Grandpa's office," she explained.

"Ok, thank you Ka- Aiko!" I ran across the castle all the way to Gramps' office.

I was about to knock on the doorframe when I finally got there, but their conversation intrigued me.

"I can't do this anymore! I can't pretend to be her boyfriend anymore just to protect her!" Sora nearly shouted to my grandfather.

"And why not?" he asked. "You never know when she will be attacked! Someone has to be there to-"

"It was all a lie?" I interrupted.

Their faces whirled to face me. Their eyes went as wide as saucers when tears started making their way down my face. Grandpa always knew me as a tough girl who never cried. I didn't know why Sora had wide eyes. It's not like he cares about me.

Sora got up from his chair and started walking towards me, "It's not what you think Mina!" he tried to say when we took hold of my wrist to keep me from running away.

"Whatever. Just leave me alone!" I almost shouted as I yanked away from his hold and darted towards the roof.

"Please! Wait!" he shouted after me and started following me in a sprint.

'Ugh. Why're you so persistent?? Guess I'll run for real now,' I thought with annoyance as I started sprinting up the many flights of stairs a little bit faster.

"Please! It's not what you think!" Sora yelled after me as I sprinted as fast as I could up the stairs.

"No! Just leave me alone Sora! I trusted you and it was all a lie, just leave me alone and find your own way home. I'm taking the helicopter," I reached the top and opened the door to the roof. I slammed open the door and was welcomed to the warm breeze.

I looked behind me quickly and saw Sora just a few steps away from the doorway. I quickly turned back around and ran forward to the black helicopter with our gold family crest.

I leapt up into the vehicle through the already-opened door. I felt a tug on my shirt and I turned around. Tears stung my eyes when I saw his pleading look.

"How many times do I have to say it? Just leave me alone," I muttered.

Sora still didn't let go of the hem of my shirt, "But you don't get it."