Chapter 16. Is This Goodbye?

Cana's POV (yes, Cana's)

I rang Mina and Sora's doorbell around 7:00pm, I needed to apologize for earlier.

The door opened a few seconds later and it was Sora.

"He-" I was interrupted with the door slamming in my face.

'Oh. Ok. I guess I haven't been forgiven yet. At least that wasn't Mina slamming the door in my face without even saying a word...' I sighed and started to walk down the stairs.

"Cana-chan!" my ears perked up when I heard my name. I turned around and saw Mina-chan jogging towards me.

"Oh, hey Mina-chan. I just wanted to apologize to Sora for earlier. But, I guess he doesn't want to talk to me," I sigh.

"Oh, yeah. I guess so. I'll try to talk to him about it later, I'm really sorry," she bows politely as she apologizes.

A/N: People in Japan usually bow when the greet or apologize. Idk, I guess it's polite or something for them. Just wanted to clear that up if you didn't know...

"No, it's my fault!" I quickly say, waving my hand saying that it's alright, "It's my fault for betraying you. I honestly didn't realize that he loved you so much..." I start to trail off at the end.

"I guess that in a way, I also betrayed you without even knowing it," Mina says.

"Haha, but you didn't even know that I had feelings for Sora-kun. I was actually using you and you didn't know it. We were even. Then I just had to mess everything up..." I say sadly.

"Don't worry about it Cana-chan! I forgive you!! Even if you were using me, I still had fun with you. For me, that's all that counts! Forget all the bad times and only remember the good!" she smiles up at me, "You know what they say, 'Forgive and forget!'"

"Yeah."

She starts walking down the stairs slowly, "Hey, wanna go somewhere?"

"Sure, but where?" I ask curiously.

"Hmm... I dunno," suddenly her face lit up brightly, "Follow me!" says says happily as she races down many flights of stairs.

I chuckle at her enthusiasm and quickly follow her, trying not to lose my balance, 'Man, am I happy to have her as a best friend...' I think to myself happily.

Mina's POV

I pay for both Cana-chan's and I's train tickets and we get on the train.

"Where are we going Mina-chan?" Cana-chan asks for the 52826th time.

"It's a surprise Cana-chan!" I reply with a smile.

She grunts in disappointment with my answer.

I look over at the map on the wall of the train and take note that we need to get off at the fourth stop.

'DON'T YOU DARE FORGET BRAIN!!!' I mentally scold myself. I must have been making funny faces as I scolded myself because Cana started laughing at me.

"Omg... Your face was priceless!" I look over at her from my chair next to her. I started to worry that she may die right here and now from too much laughter.

I smile, "Was my face really that hilarious??" I ask suspiciously.

She nods because she is laughing too hysterically to talk.

After a few minutes, we finally made it to the fourth stop.

"Come on," I say as I grab hold of her hand and pull her out the door into the train station.