Chapter 3. My Friend

Mina's POV

When I opened the door, the first thing I realized was Kushina sitting there in her usual spot gossiping with her friends. I let out a soft, quiet sigh and led the way to the empty corner.

"How come you sit all the way in the corner, Mina? Don't you have any friends to sit and eat with?" Sora-senpai asked after we sat down.

"I just sit here because it's quieter over here in the corner. And no... I don't really have any friends," I said. It felt a little awkward to be saying this, but I wasn't really sure why.

"Oh, I see..." he replied as he started to open the bento that he had for lunch.

We both sat and ate in silence for a few minutes. The awkward silence was killing me! I wanted to say something, but what? What's your favorite food? No, he may think I want to make it for him. What's your favorite color? Nah, it's not really a conversation starter. Whatever I thought of, it wasn't good at all! There was always something bad about it.

"Since I'm finished, I'm going to go to the washroom. I'll be back in a couple of minutes, alright Mina?"

"H-huh? Oh, umm. Okay!" I wasn't really listening, but I was glad the awkward silence was over!

"Yo, Nerd! What were you doing sitting with Sora-kun?"

'Damn, she's here,' I thought.

"I was eating lunch with him, do you even have eyes?" I was honestly rather annoyed by just looking at her. I would do anything to get her away! Apparently not thinking was included.

"Listen here you little punk!" she said, raising her voice slightly. "You, are a nerd. I will NOT allow Sora-kun to sit with the likes of you! So just stay the hell away from him!" Kushina shouted, almost yelling.

"Well last time I checked, there isn't a rule that says I can't sit with Mina. She's my friend, and I get to sit with whoever I want." I widened my eyes, there he was. Sora-senpai. I couldn't wait to see what Kushina would do after he heard her say all of those rude things to me.

"O-oh! Sora-kun! W-what're you doing here? I thought you left," she said in her little 'sweet girl' voice, which I absolutely hated. Kushina said it with an obviously fake smile and giggle.

I couldn't stand it anymore, so I got up and started to walk away. "Bye Sora-senpai, I'm going back to my classroom. Lunch break will be over soon anyways, you should leave soon too," I lied, we still have nearly ten minutes left. I just wanted to get away from her.

"Oh, ok. Bye Mina! See you later," Sora-senpai replied in almost a shout with a smile on his face.

Kushina's POV

'Later? What the hell! Why does that little nerd get to spend more time with Sora-kun than me? Like seriously! Mina is the dorkiest dork I have ever met!'

"Well, b-bye Sora-kun! See you tomorrow," I said with a fake smile. I was seriously pissed off right now!

Sora's POV

'Kushina... I wonder is she's the reason for Mina's attempted suicide? She seemed to be causing Mina quite a bit of trouble earlier after I left by the look on her face. She looked so happy when I called her my friend. Did she really not think we would be friends after I saved her life last night?? Or was it just because she doesn't have any other friends...?'

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hi everyone! Please, comment what you think of my book so far! I would really appreciate some tips on my writing. Please please please please help me with whatever you can! And don't worry, I'm planning on adding some more characters soon! In fact, I'm thinking of adding two next chapter!!:)

Sorry this was a shorter chapter and this was probably longer than the actual story part, but I hope to see some comments please!!!!!! Arigato!

If you didn't know, "arigato" is "thank you" in Japanese! (Ah-ree-gah-toh)

~Sara XOXO