Chapter 17. My Dark Secret

A/N: Yeah, you'll see what the picture is for soon enough... Anyone know who it's of? Well, if you do, good for you!! JUST DON'T SPOIL IT FOR EVERYONE ELSE!!! If you do, I WILL HUNT YOU DOOOOOWN.

Sora's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just after Mina went to sleep, I got a call from Cana. I decided to pick up since I figured it might be important since she stopped by earlier.

"PLEASE DON'T HANG UP! I KNOW YOUR'RE MAD AT ME, JUST DON'T HANG UP PLEASE!!!" she shouts as soon as I picked up. She was yelling so loud I had to hold my phone a foot away from my ear.

"Alright, what's up Cana-san?" I ask.

"Well, Mina just texted me that her father is taking her back to his home tomorrow afternoon. So we made a plan. Everyone is meeting up at top floor of the parking garage tomorrow," she explains.

"For?" I ask suspiciously.

"Heheh. I'll explain when you get there. Just make sure you get there before Mina and her father! She'll buy us some time to get ready, just be there before them please!" she pleaded.

"Alright, I'll be there!" I say and we bid our farewells.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: That above? That was a flashback just so you know. I wasn't sure how else to put it in... My chapter yesterday was exactly 2000 words and I didn't wanna ruin that! xD (before my editing which added like 43 words xD)

As soon as Mina and her father leave the apartment, I quickly grab my car keys and my wallet which has my driver's license. I just passed my driver's test three days ago, so I no longer have to drive with an adult accompanying me. I pull on a black hoodie over my head so no one will recognize me and wait for the two to get in the car.

I decided to take the busier, but much shorter route while Mina's father takes the longer, but less busy route.

After about 10 minutes, I make my way to the roof of the parking garage and see everyone gathered.

Mina's POV

"Here!" I point at an empty parking space on the first floor of the parking garage, "Park here! It's more fun to watch your view of the scenery grow as you walk up!" I lied.

"If you say so Pumpkin," he replies.

We get out of his car and I slowly walk over to the gap in the concrete that poses as the windows.

My phone buzzes and I see that it's a text from Cana-chan.

From: Cana-chan
Subject: STAAALL
Body: Sora-kun's stuck in traffic but he's close. Stall for a few minutes until you see his car pass you

I replied with an "ok".

"So Dad, is there anything I should know about your house before I move there? A wife maybe? Children?" I asked once we slowly make our way up to the top. He wanted to take the elevator, but I refused.

"Well, I've been married for the last 10 years. Her name is Athena. She's an otaku, just like you. But, she's not just any average otaku. She's an athletic one. She could run a mile in a little less than seven minutes back in 7th grade. And that woman's got muscles..." he says passionately, "I think the only difference between you is her athletic abilities."

"Umm... Dad?" he turns his head to look at me, "When I was in 7th grade, I could run a mile in 6:36 with only walking for about a minute. I was one of the fastest runners in my grade and I ran on a track team for years. I became their ace in no time. You haven't seen me or actually talked to me in years. Never make an assumption about someone that you haven't laid your eyes on in like 11 years," I say sternly.