(31) Lost and Found

I poured some of the blue powder into his water and gave it a good shake. He was practicing boxing with a sandbag and I was in the shadows doing my dirty work. I replaced his bottle in the same spot and snuck away before returning a few minutes later but with a lot of noise.

"Hey babe." I waved and he looked up

"Hi Jenn." he smiled at me.

"Here drink some." I took up his water bottle "I don't want you dehydrated."

He chuckled and took the water from me and took a sip. I smiled to myself.

He's all mine now.

"Want to go out for dinner later?" he asked me

"Sure." I answered "Where are we going?"

"That's a secret Jenn." he teased me and stuck his tongue out at me.

I went up to him and kissed his cheek.

"You need a shower." I joked "You stink."

He rolled his eyes playfully.

"Tell me something I don't know." he said

"You're sweaty and you're bathing with me." I answered and he laughed

"I'll be there in a while." he took another sip of water

"Alright." I smiled and went off.

Xavier's POV

I drank the rest of my water finding nothing wrong with it before grabbing my towel and wiping my face. My mind went back to my break-up with Royalty. Something felt off with me but I couldn't put my finger on it. I pushed the thought of her sad face out my mind and got up. I walked up the stairs two at a time. I met Royalty on the way up and our gazes locked for a while.

"Hi." she said awkwardly and put down the vase she was carrying

"Hey." I answered and watched as she neatly put the flowers in it

She stood back up and turned to me looking at the floor. I could tell she was nervous at seeing me alone. She mostly saw me with Jennifer and during those times I did things to make her jealous.

"I got to go." she turned and ran off and I started after her

Since when are we like this? Is there something I'm forgetting?

I couldn't figure it out and I just walked into the kitchen. My head started to hurt a little but I didn't mind as I went into the fridge and took out a cold soda then went up to my room to meet Jennifer.

Royalty's POV

Why did I have to see him?

I was running and I found myself in the garden. I leaned on a tree and wiped the stray tears I hadn't known had fallen. I sat down by the pond with my back against a tree. I raked my fingers through the grass slowly.

Why is he so different now? We fought a lot before but now we fight and can't make up. Was he really bad before or was I too blind to see it? Why do you keep thinking of him Rei? He's done with you and now you're nothing to him.

I sat down hugging my knees as stray tears rolled down slowly. I heard a soft purr and looked down to see R.J. snuggling close to me.

"Hey." I choked on tears while petting him softly

He purred softly in response as though feeling my pain. I put my head into my hands and cried. It was almost midday when I made my way back inside. My head was pounding and I felt worn out and tired from crying. I met Neveah and walked right past her as though I was in a daze.