Reason There's No Book 2

DON'T SKIP IT! READ IT!

Seriously...it's probably worth the while!

.....................................

So I've constantly being asked the same questions "Where is book 2?" or "When is it coming out?" so I'm answering those questions and any of those related.

The honest truth is that there isn't going to be a book two....maybe in the far future but as of now, there's no book two.

Why?

One reason: Inspiration.

When I wrote Book 1 I was 14 years old and I was getting my inspiration from a lot of shows I've spent time watching. Shows like White Collar, a few hallmark romances here and there and some of the books I was reading online on Wattpad at the time sites and in all honesty I've outgrown that phase.

I could watch and read the same things that I did at 14 but it won't inspire me to write the same way. I've sort of disconnected from the characters and transitioned into more mature characters and more in depth stuff.

I'm constantly trying new writing styles and other things. I'm getting into different cultures and doing a lot of ancient history.

It's probably just another phase but right now that what's working for me. I've picked up a thing for ancient history and some of the traditional history stuff and I'm working on recreating them so that those things don't get lost in the flow of time.

I'm going to be real in saying that Wattpad wasn't what it was five years ago and I personally hope I don't offend anyone but its a fact.

I'm 19 now and to 14 year old me everything was interesting.

Now, I'm sort of finding it hard to find good stuff to read on Wattpad.

Why?

Here's why.... 

1. When I first joined Wattpad, everything was free. Sure, writers took various opportunities and had their stuff published on Amazon and wherever and due to protocol not al of the book was available online but the variety of books you could read was vast.

Now, they've implemented this paying system (Don't get me wrong, I'm all about supporting our writers and everyone has to make a dollar somewhere to survive) but that new system literally just sucked the fun out of it.

We're practically paying to read. Paying to learn. Paying to relax and kick it back. Paying to hide under the covers at 12 am reading when you know you've got homework due in the morning.

I'm not saying we shouldn't support our writers but what it's a real fact.

I was fortunate to be such a book worm before that I've read quite a bit of the books before they became paid but honestly the new system is just a de motivation for me when it comes to reading. I don't know about you guys but it's my opinion so I hope you could respect it.

2. Most of the stories on Wattpad follow the same protocol, boy and girl meets, usually boy is always the one to screw up, the characters get together easily and then 90% of the time they end up together.

Majority of the time the characters barely experience any conflict and I know writers are encouraged to use their imaginations but sometimes we stray from being realistic.

Seriously speaking...

Sometimes I think the writers are mostly focused on getting quick reads and no one is really focusing on creativity. A good book has to stem from the imagination. It's cool to be inspired but it's also cool to be original.