Chapter Six: Everything is Different Now....

After Stanford, Nothing is the same. Sam gets nightmares, a lot. He hasn't been okay since Jess and I don't blame him. It happened to his mom and then his girlfriend. It has got to suck. Dean hasn't been more worried about us. He is constantly making sure we are okay. Me, well I have 3 degree burns on the back of my hands and parts of my back. Dean wanted to take me to the hospital but it was noting a little ointment and bandages couldn't fix. We were headed to Blackwater Ridge. Going to the coordinates dad left. Dean and Sam won't let me see the journal and I don't get why at all. Sam doesn't speak to me at all. I get nods and grunts. He was asleep right now. My back is on fire. The burns hurt a lot, but I would never tell them that. I had to be strong. Be Strong for my brothers. Sam needs Dean a lot more. Sam suddenly jumps and starts panting. He was having another nightmare. He rubs his eyes and blinks a lot.

"You okay?" Dean asked, he was concerned about Sam.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I knew he was lying, Sam had a poker face, but I knew him well enough to know when he is lying.

"Another nightmare?" Sam clears his throat and ignores the question. "You wanna drive for awhile?" Me and Sam start laughing a little.

"What?"

"Dean, your whole life you never once asked me that."

"Just thought you might want to. Never mind." It got silent except for the music. Sam sighed then spoke.

"Look, man. You're worried about me. I get it, and thank you but I'm perfectly okay."

"Mm-hm." Dean says not believing a word he says. Sam rolls his eyes and grabs the map.

"Okay, where are we?"

"We are just outside of the Grand Junction." I tell him. He puts down the map.

"You know what? Maybe we shouldn't have left Stanford so soon." I sigh ans speak before Dean could. Dean wasn't awesome at the feelings talking.

"Sam, we looked everywhere for a week. We found nothing. If we want to find what Killed Jessica....."

"We gotta find Dad." Sam finished my sentence for me.

"Dad disappearing and this thing showing up after 20 years is no coincidence." Dean was always looking for what killed his mom, and now it was back. It must hurt him so much.

"Dad will have answers. He'll know what to do." I reassure the boys.

"It's weird, These coordinates he left us, This Blackwater Ridge."

"What about it?" Dean asked.

"There is nothing there. It is just woods. Why is he sending us to the middle of no where?"

"Maybe to be zen and become one with nature." I joke but no one laughs. We continue to drive.

-------------------------

"Were here, lets go to the Station, find some info on whats been going on." Dean suggests. I get out of the car and my body roars in pain. 

"Go ahead, I'm gonna stay here and see what I find." Sam nodded and kept walking, but Dean stopped and came back.

"You sure?" I nodded with a weak smile. I was in so much pain and the act was hard to keep up. "Lift up your shirt."

"No, Dee I am fine."

"Kat, let me see it." I groan and lifted up my shirt and he looked at my back. "Damn it Kat, it is infected. I told you we need to go to a hospital."

"Dee, go to Sam. He is fallin apart. Go hold him together." Dean was reluctant. He the gave up and kissed my forehead and left to go to Sam. I sat on the trunk. I was listening to the birds. I loved the outdoors, climbing trees and watching animals be themselves. I loved it. I want to go run into the woods but with my conditions right now. I would get myself or someone else killed.