Chapter Eleven: Under The Lake

I wake to the hum of the Impala. I slowly open to see my brothers in the front listening to Ratt. I sit up and see a brown bag with wet spots along the bottom. I  look in and it's waffles. I love waffles, they are my favorite. I start to eat them and Dean notices I'm up.

"Hey Sleeping beauty." He chuckles.

"Dude....Wafflessss." I moan making Dean and Sam chuckle. "Where are we, Last thing I remember is passing out at the motel."

"We got up and found a case while you were asleep. We also grabbed food and I made sure we got you waffles." He smirks.

"Thanks, sorry for carrying my ass around all the time." I say with Waffle stuffed in my face.

"Don't worry about it, what are brothers for." Sam says then looks out the window. He was acting weird.....then it hit me. 

"Sam?"

"Yeah?"

"Look at me for a moment?" He wouldn't, then I knew. It happened again. "Shit." I sit back into my seat and bring my knees to my chest. I rest my head on my knees. I had a nightmare I couldn't wake up from again. They were really bad at one point. Dad told me they woke me up and i grabbed a gun, pulled the trigger and luckily missed my head. This was the first time Sam saw this, and I was hoping he never would. I felt a hand on my knee, it was Dean.

"Look it wasn't as bad this time, there getting better." He comforted me, but Sam then had a face of a deer caught in headlights.

"That wasn't bad?" Sam said softly, hoping I wouldn't hear.

"What did I do?" I asked, I felt a panic attack coming on but I ignored it, I needed to know what Sam saw.

"Nothing that bad, Sam blowing out of portion, It isn't a big deal okay." Dean gripped the wheel tighter, his knuckles turned white. It gave me a bad feeling but I changed the subject.

"What case are we going on?"

"Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin. Last wee Sophie Carlton, eighteen, walks into the lake, doesn't walk out. Authories dragged the water, nothing. Sophie Carlton is the third Lake Manitoc drowning this year. None of the other bodies were found either." Dean informed me as Sam passed me the newspaper article with a big circle surrounding the section of news. 

"Fun. Nessie wants some friends?" I joke, but no one laughs.

"We are headed to the carlton house now, be there in a few." Sam said.

----------------------------------------------------------------

We park at the house. It was a small house and the dock was right near it. Dean and Sam go to the door, while I have a need to look at the lake. I get there and there's a man sitting there. His eyes are heavy and looks like he hasn't slept in days. I left him be and stood at the edge of the dock looking at the water. I hear sounds behind be but it's all muffled. The water just glinses. The dark ripples calling out. I feel the cold surround my body, the darkness following with it. Then someone grabs my arm and I step out of the trance. It was the man on the bench.

"Go Home." He whispered then sat back down. I look at The Boys and they head for the Impala. I follow but I hear the lake calling to me. I get in and the boys look at me funny.

"What?" I ask.

"What was with you and the lake?" Dean said

"Yeah we called your name but you were in some weird trance." Sam added.

"Don't know, but lets keep going, whats next?"

"Police station." Dean says as he starts the car.