Chapter Eight: Crickets

I was really behind everyone. It hurt to walk. I kept my eyes on the ground. I need to keep going, but god it hurt. I kept walking and I noticed boots by me. I look up and it was worried Dean.

"Kat, you alright?" He asked. I nodded and kept going. He stops me. "I mean it Kat." He said sternly.

"I'm...I'm fine Dean." I say, put it took a lot to say it. 

"Kat your pale, let me see them." He reaches to move my shirt, but I push his hand away. 

"Dean, we need to help them."

"After I help you." I gave up and put my bag down, he lifts the back of my shirt and curses under his breath. "You are bleeding Kat, damn it."

"We don't have any bandages, I will manage." I say as I put my shirt down and grab the bag. I go to keep walking but Dean grabs me arm. "Dee, I am okay."

"Get on my back."

"What?"

"You can't push yourself anymore. Get on my back." I grab his shoulders and hoist myself on his back. We start moving and it helped. I was tired.

"Remind you of the past Dee?" I whisper in his ear and he starts to chuckle.

"You were a lot lighter then." He jokes. I hit his chest. We meet up and everyone is standing around. Haley runs over to us.

"Is she okay?"

"Yeah, just needs to rest." Dean says. Roy and Sam talk to each other, then Dean walks over to Sam.

"You hear that?" Dean whispers. I listen and it was nothing. Absolutely nothing.

"Yeah. Not Even crickets." Sam whispers back. I get a chill that goes down my spine. Dean puts me down by a rock and bends to my level.

"Stay here, take a rest." I was too tired to protest. I close my eyes and put my head against the rock. I feel the cold air hit my skin and give me goose bumps. I start to drift when I feel someone kick my foot, hard. I open and it is Roy.

"We are hear to look for people, not to sleep." He spats. Then walks away past a big rock. I get up and I feel dizzy. I grab my pack. I start walking to the group. Sam and Dean turn around an see me. Before wither one of them can say anything Roy starts yelling.

"Haley! Over here!" We run and it is a camp. The tents are torn apart. Blood is spattered everywhere, and supplies is scattered everywhere. Ben starts to cry quietly while Haley starts yelling.

"Tommy!" Sam runs over her and starts to shh her. "Tommy!!!" She screams ignoring Sam.

"Shhhh!" Sam shush her and she snaps at him.

"Why?" 

"Something might still be out there." Sam whispers as he looks around the woods. Dean calls him over. Haley goes and looks around. She finds a phone covered in blood. She starts to cry. I bend down next to her and rub her back.

"He could still be out there. Don't give up." She looks at me and I give her a weak smile. She nods.

"HELP HELP SOMEBODY!" I hear a voice scream. We all run towards the noise but when we get there, no one is there. Sam's face fills with worry.

"Everyone back to camp!" Sam shouts. We run back, to be honest I had no clue how I was running.  We get to camp and everything is gone. The bags and supplies are gone.

"Our Packs!" Haley gasps.

"SO much for my GPS and my satellite phone." Roy mumbles as he kicks a rock.