Chapter Fourteen: It's Okay to Keep Secrets

We headed to the Barr house to see Lucas. Andrea awnsered the door.

"Hi Andrea, can we speak to Lucas for a minute?" I asked, I figured the awnser was no. Who would allow 3 strangers to see their kid?

"I'm sorry, but I don't think it's a good idea." Andrea said softly trying not to offend us.

"I just need to talk to him." Dean pushed. "Just for a few minutes."

"He won't say anything. What good's it gonna do?" Andrea snapped. She was just protecting her son, she lost so much already.

"Andrea, we think more people might get hurt. We think something's happening out there." Sam said softly trying to convince her. He had the puppy dog eyes and all.

"My husband, the others, they just drowned. That's all." Andrea said softly. I put my arm around her to comfort her, and she accepted it.

"If that's what you really believe, then we'll go. But if you think there's even a possibility that something else could be going on here, please let me talk to your son." I say softly to her. She hesitates then nods. We head to Lucas' room.

Lucas was coloring, toy soldiers standing around him. Just like at the park. Andrea watched him, wanting to help him. I go and sit next to Lucas and Dean kneels by him. Sam stays at the doorway with Andrea.

"Hey, Lucas. You remember us?" Dean asks. Lucas doesn't respond, just colors more. He has the red bike around him again. "You know, I, uh, I wanted to thank you for that last drawing. But the thing is, I need your help again." Lucas shook his head and pointed to me. Dean was confused but continued to watch Lucas. He was drawing a person in water. Dean pulls out the picture of the house I drew and puts it down in front of him.

"How did you know to draw this? Did you know something bad was gonna happen? Maybe you could nod yes or no for me." Dean asked but Lucas just colored.

"You're scared. It's okay. I understand. See, when I was your age, I saw something real bad happen to my mom, and I was scared, too. I didn't feel like talking, just like you. But see, my mom—I know she wanted me to be brave. I think about that every day. And I do my best to be brave. And maybe, your dad wants you to be brave too." Dean was talking about when his mom died. It was something he never talked about. It caught Lucas attention. He hands him a picture of a white church, a yellow house, and a boy with a blue baseball cap and red bicycle in front of a wooden fence.

"Thanks, Lucas." Dean says and gets up. I was about to but Lucas stops me and hands me a piece a paper with the four words that haunted me were written. It was in a dark blue.

Come Play With Me

----------------------------------------------------------------

We were in the Impala and Sam was examining the picture Lucas gave Dean. I was in the back tracing with my fingers the words on the paper.

"Andrea said the kid never drew like that till his dad died." Dean said, breaking me out of my trance. I folded up the picture and put it in my pocket.

"There are cases—going through a traumatic experience could make people more sensitive to premonitions, psychic tendencies." Sam says, trying to explain what Lucas was going through.

"No, something scared him so bad, this is all he can do." I say softly. It got quiet again but Dean then broke it and continued to work the case.

"Whatever's out there, what if Lucas is tapping into it somehow? I mean, it's only a matter of time before somebody else drowns, so if you got a better lead, please."

"All right, we got another house to find." Sam says. I scoff.

"The only problem is there's about a thousand yellow two-stories in this county alone." I tell him. Sam looks at the picture and points to the church.

"See this church? I bet there's less than a thousand of those around here."

"Oh, College Boy thinks he's so smart." I chuckle. I call him that ever since he came back. It got quiet again., and the music echoed in the car.

Too daze gone
I'm broke down, insufferable
My mind is on the blink

"You know, um..." Sam started.

It's later than you think

"What you said about Mom..." No Sam, don't....

And I'm too daze gone

"You never told me that before."

"It's no big deal." Dean replies, but Sam continues to look at him. Hoping for something.

Went to see a friend just the other day

"Oh God, we're not gonna have to hug or anything, are we?" Dean smirks, making us chuckle.

Movin'

"No Chick Flick Moments boys."