Chapter Forty-three: Heal

We entered the tent. It was filled with chairs. Their was a small stage in the front with a podium. People off all ages were around, and it smelt really gross. Dean looks behind us.

"Yeah, peace love and trust all over." He tilts head head to the back, a small security camera stands at the entrance. Dean goes to sit in the back, but Sam stops him.

"Come on." Sam says and starts to pull Dean away.

"Don't! What are you doing? Let's sit here." Dean whispers. Sam shakes his head.

"We're sitting up front." Sam tells him.

"What? Why?" Dean asks. Sam pulls him to the front and I follow. "Come on Sam. Kat help me out here." Dean groans. 

"Not my call sorry Dee." I tell him. Dean groans as Sam pulls him to the front.

"You alright?" Sam asks as he holds Dean.

"This is ridiculous."He slaps Sam's hands away in annoyance. "I'm good, dude, get off me." He growls. He did not want to be here, and I couldn't blame him. Sam points out three open seats right behind Layla. 

"Perfect." Sam says and gets into the row first.

"Yeah, perfect." Dean says sarcastically. Dean goes to sit in the middle, but Sam stops him.

"You take the aisle." Dean rolled his eyes and I sat first. Dean slumped next to me. I go over to his ear and whisper.

"At least you got a view of the chick in front of you." Dean smirks. I wanted to make him feel better. He was not one for being cared for. A blind man then comes to the podium. His hair was gray and he wore a white shirt. I figured this was the great Roy.

"Each morning, my wife, Sue Ann, reads me the news. Never seems good, does it?" Everyone nods in agreement. "Seems like there's always someone committing some immoral, unspeakable act." I look around and everyone is nodding and I notice some religious thing one the table behind him. "But, I say to you, God is watching."

"Yes he is." The crowd agrees. Sam's eyes are locked on to the speaker. Me and Dean were not believing a damn word.

"God rewards the good, and He punishes the corrupt.It is the Lord who does the healing here friends. The Lord who guides me in choosing who to heal by helping me see into people's hearts." Roy preaches. Dean leans over and whispers in my ear.

"Yeah, and into their wallets." I smirk.

"You think so, young man?" Roy  says and looks in Dean's direction. Dean starts to look around.

"Sorry." He says softly, trying not to embarrass himself.

"No, no. Don't be. Just watch what you say around a blind man, we've got real sharp ears." The crowd starts to laugh and Dean smirks slightly. Sam kinda gives him a glare. "What's your name, son?" Dean hesitates but then clears his throat and speaks.

"Dean."

"Dean. I want-I want you to come up here with me." The crowd cheers. Dean's face falls. I grasp his hand for encouragement. I could feel the uncomfortable vibe from him. What looks like Roy's wife comes to the center of the stage to bring up Dean. The crowd dies down and Dean speaks.

"No, it's ok." He squeezes my hand back. The crowd disapproves.

"What are you doing?!" Sam whispers.

"You've come here to be healed, haven't cha?" Roy asks. Dean panics slightly and squeezes my hand tighter.

"Well, yeah, but ahh.." Dean starts, the crowd gets excited. "... maybe you should just pick someone else." He was nervous. Sam glares at Dean, looking like he was nuts. Roy kept his smile and shook his head.

"Oh, no. I didn't pick you, Dean, the Lord did." Everyone cheers louder. "Come on up, bring your sister with you." My head shoots up. How the hell did he know I was here, or was his sister. Dean looks at me. Fear in his eyes. I nod giving him its okay look. He gets up, still clenching my hand and we go up. Everyone was cheering loudly. We stand next to him, Dean more in front then me. "You ready?"

"Look, no disrespect, but ahh, I'm not exactly a believer." Dean says shaking his head.

" You will be, son. You will be." He turns to the crowd. "Pray with me, friends." The crowd lifts up their arms, locking their hands together. Roy puts a hand on Dean's head and Shoulder. Dean starts to breathe faster. "Alright now. Alright now." Dean face seems to change. His grip on my hand becomes weaker.He starts to fall to his knees. I go with him. "Alight now." Roy says once more. Dean's eyes roll into the back of his head and he falls into my lap.

"DEAN!" Both me and Sam shout. Sam runs to us. Sam shakes him as the crowd cheers. I run my hand through his hair. Dean takes in a gust of air

"Say Something!" Sam yells. Dean blinks and looks at the Roy. His eyes widen. I turn and see what he sees. A man, or something that looks like one standing behind him. He skin was gray and discolored. He wore a black suit and his skin was wrinkly. His eyes had dark circles around them then he disappeared. I look at Dean and he looks at me, he knows I saw what he saw.